cannot withdraw from my paypal account to my bank account

bkb9000
New Community Member

hi,

i have been selling my skateboard collection to pay for my daughters school fees. as a result of my deck sales i have gathered some money. it is sitting in my paypal account. i am trying to withdraw my paypal US$ balance into my bank account. but the paypal system is not allowing me to withdraw my money. the bank account is valid. it has been verified.

i have rung up the help desk twice. the first girl told me "give it 24 hours and it will work". i tried again 27 hours later. it didnt work.
i rang up again today. the second girl told me "give it until saturday and it will work". from he comments (identical to the first girl) i dont think it is going to work then either. she said 'the system' wasn't allowing the withdrawal. and that there is nothing that they can do about it. in both calls, my identity was verified with a number of questions to authenticate me as the account owner, but they claimed that they were unable to do anything. (i would have thought that passing my details up the chain to someone who could do something would be a logical course of action)

so my question is... who can i contact to tell 'the system' to allow my withdrawal or my money? the call centre is no help with their 'give it <X> days/hours' spiel. so how do i get escalated beyond the call centre?

this is a reasonable amount of money, so i dont want it sitting in my Paypal account any longer, when i could be using it to pay for my daughters school fees.

can someone please help? please advise the relevant people to contact to get 'the system' sorted for me to withdraw my money.?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bkb9000 

Can you withdraw USD into a AUD bank account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.