adding money to my balance

robbbittty
New Community Member

I missed out on an auction because I transfer money from my visa account to my paypal balance

The money leaves my bank on the same day.... but paypal holds up adding it my account for maybe a week.

I guess that paypal holds my money for that time earning interest...

You know I might think about paying  a fee rather than wait

I wonder if Paypal would consider this as a choice.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@robbbittty 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

BUT if you choose for whatever strange reason to ''add'' funds to your balance yourself instead of letting paypal deduct directly from your bank account then its you that takes the wait.

Takes several working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option (which is why they credit the funds to a seller upfront) BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@robbbittty 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

BUT if you choose for whatever strange reason to ''add'' funds to your balance yourself instead of letting paypal deduct directly from your bank account then its you that takes the wait.

Takes several working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option (which is why they credit the funds to a seller upfront) BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.