Updating card

dusanpesic67
Contributor
Contributor

Hello to all

My name is Dusan and I am from Serbia

For last 4 years, updating my card was no problem. Last moonth I get new one, and I can't update it

Form paypal I get answer, can't be updaited in moment, please try later...

Do you know what problem may be?As ussualy I type 3 digits from card as security code

Thank you and best regards

Dusan

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @dusanpesic67,

I'm sorry to her of the difficulty updating your card. If the card is soon to expire and the number hasn't changed for the new card, the card may have automatically updated in our system. If you would like to check to see if the card has automatically updated or seek assistance from a customer service representative if it has not updated, please reach out by phone. Click contact at the bottom of the PayPal website, then Call us, then call as a guest or log in.

I hope this is easily resolved!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

dusanpesic67
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for replay Olivia

Card was about to expire on July, I got new one from bank(same number), valid until July 2021

I just tried to update, but without success, for more than 45 days

I don't understand why I should call? My English is  not so good for conversation with customer service person

Thank you again for replay

Dusan

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @dusanpesic67,

Is the card still showing as an available payment method for transactions on your account? If so, the expiration date has already been updated automatically and you should not worry.

If not, you would need to call to safely discuss your card information. It's not safe to provide your card number via email or social media contact options.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

dusanpesic67
Contributor
Contributor
No, I can't transfer without updating anymore. Card expired, and I can't update new one, with same number but exp. dare 07/21
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @dusanpesic67,

I would suggest reaching out to customer service to allow a representative to take a look at the situation. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

dusanpesic67
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you Olivia Regards Dusan
Login to Me Too

ExtinctInsanity
Contributor
Contributor

I have had the same problem updating the exp and csc for my linked and verified card that was about to expire. Even customer service was having trouble updating it for me when I contacted them. I have to wait for a supervisor to call me "for additional verification steps." That was 2 days ago and still haven't gotten a supervisor's call. So, defiantly call in to get it done and speak directly to a supervisor, not the reps that can't do anything.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.