Telephone on hold for 2 hours

Pshiels
Contributor
Contributor
Today I called PayPal to discuss an issue with on hold money after 2 hours on hold the line disconnected, so I decided to send a message via message service and it’s said someone would reply within 1 hour I still have not received a message 6 hours later. Customer service is very poor
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Pshiels
Contributor
Contributor
I know why it’s been put on hold my issue is Goods have arrived at customer , signed for and positive feed back has been left on eBay , the Ebay tracking is not updating with this information but the Royal Mail website confirms they have been delivered
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pshiels 

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for 'new sellers'.
If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.

Normally for Ebays hold funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 1 days (if you use Ebay / paypal postage).
Info in this Ebay link below about Ebays hold.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/pending-payments?id=4...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Pshiels
Contributor
Contributor
I’m not a new customer, tracking numbers on eBay are linked to PayPal and the hold was made by PayPal not Ebay
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pshiels 

Nope, if it was an Ebay transaction it would be an Ebay hold and Ebay tell Paypal when they can release the funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Pshiels
Contributor
Contributor
The email I received from PayPal temporary hold We've placed the money on hold because you're selling an item that has a higher risk of customer dissatisfaction. There's no need for you to do anything. As long as no claims are raised by the buyer or any issues arise with your account, the money will be automatically released in 21 days.
Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Are you seeking an early release of your funds?  They hold it up in case the buyer claims non-receipt or not as described. It’s normal for PayPal to hold your money and not release it quickly. 

Two hours on hold. You have a world of patience to wait that long! 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pshiels 

Yes, they hold it on behalf of Ebay and Ebay let them know when they can release the funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.