Phone contact in Australia

phoniclynx
New Community Member

How can I contact someone in Australia by phone because with all of this COVID19 stuff going on. Messaging by email is rather useless, as I get 10 different people to answer my questions and no one who can actually help me. I need to speak to someone on the phone an not by email I am proxying for my friend who is overseas and their PayPal account has been messed up because it was set up incorrectly and now he can't get his money.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

makiig
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi Goodday @phoniclynx I am hoping all is well. We do appreciate your time and effort contacting us through this difficult times. I sincerely ask for apology for any inconvenience. As much as we would love to due corona virus we only have limited access through phone but one good thing is that we are here to help you with your query. Another thing is you may chat with us by logging in to your Paypal account and go to Message center. You would see an option to chat with a representative. Or you may contact us through social media. Facebook (US) : www.facebook.com/paypal Twitter (US) : @AskPaypal
Login to Me Too

lilly481
Contributor
Contributor

There is a Phone no. for paypal in Australia cause I was able to access it about a month or so ago. I spoke to an agent on the phone and I was helped and everything went fine. It came on a page where it said various ways to contact paypal. Message, community resolution centre and then provided phone nos. from Australia and EST times and I I rang and was able to speak to someone. I have tried a million times in the past few days to find this page and I cannot get to it. I did ring a 1800 no the other day, but at the end because it was a Saturday, I was finally told to ring during business hours Mon -Fri. 8am to 5pm. You make it very difficult to speak to a live person rather than automated contacts and questions which may not have anything to do with what a person may need help with.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lilly481 

Contact options for Paypal at the moment are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.