Personal payment STILL under review

Jewlz8
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, I got the email from Paypal today letting me know that my account has been restored and they have removed the limitation placed and I can now able to access any feature that was limited before... but they still insisted that Money I have received from buyers is in your on hold balance and will be moved to your available balance after the order is fulfilled.  What order??  I'm not selling anything.  I just texted my brother and requested it.  I just want the money that my brother sent to me.  I don't have money in my bank.  If I had known that this is going to be difficult, I would have foregone Paypal and go the TT way.

Can someone help me? Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jewlz8 

Sorry, when you request money, PayPal charges a fee and treats it as a goods and services payment. Money requests are informal invoices. 

Do these steps to get money sooner (option may not be available for some countries):

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.

2. Find and click the payment transaction.

3. Click Add Tracking Info.

4. Select an order status: Order Processed.

Then ask sender to do these steps to confirm receipt (may not be available for some countries):

3. Click Confirm Receipt.

4. Click Yes to confirm.

If you cannot do these steps, you will have to wait up to 21 days for PayPal to release funds. If it is friends and family payment, ask the sender to send it that way, next time.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jewlz8 

Sorry, when you request money, PayPal charges a fee and treats it as a goods and services payment. Money requests are informal invoices. 

Do these steps to get money sooner (option may not be available for some countries):

3. Click Add Tracking Info.

4. Select an order status: Order Processed.

Then ask sender to do these steps to confirm receipt (may not be available for some countries):

3. Click Confirm Receipt.

4. Click Yes to confirm.

If you cannot do these steps, you will have to wait up to 21 days for PayPal to release funds. If it is friends and family payment, ask the sender to send it that way, next time.

Login to Me Too

Jewlz8
Contributor
Contributor
I must have done something wrong when it initially came up. I've never done this before. This is my first time negotiating doing this. 21 days, that's too long. What if I decided to forego this and refund the money back to my brother and ask him to send it via TT. How long will that take?
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jewlz8 

Because the funds are on hold, your brother will need to dispute the transaction as Item Not Received and you quickly issue a refund to close the dispute, no contest, from within the dispute otherwise PayPal will use available funds in your PayPal balance or bank account to cover the refund. Disputing is the only way to use the held funds to pay for the refund.

Note: Currently, PayPal refunds the variable rate portion of the PayPal fee but come March 16 2020, PayPal fees are no longer refunded as a result from receiving a goods and service payment. So just be prepared that your account might be charged the fixed portion of the PayPal fee to refund.

Login to Me Too

Jewlz8
Contributor
Contributor
That feels like a lengthy process. I'm regretted suggesting using PayPal as a medium to send/receive money. I'll never use them again after this. I don't mind paying the fees but I dont need this hassle in my life. Thank you.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.