Pending

Richie01
Contributor
Contributor

Right I paid money into my PayPal via my own linked bank account over a week ago it's still pending ? Yesterday it said it would be available today it's still pending ? WHY. MY MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Richie01

5-7 working days in the UK.

Date given is an estimate as differing banks have differing clearance times.

You do realise you don't 'need' funds in your paypal balance to buy items do you?

Only when you pay a seller paypal CREDIT the seller upfront and paypal will take the wait for the funds to transfer from your funding source, this is so their is no delay in the despatch of your item.

Its also because paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option that has to go via ACH in batches.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Richie01

5-7 working days in the UK.

Date given is an estimate as differing banks have differing clearance times.

You do realise you don't 'need' funds in your paypal balance to buy items do you?

Only when you pay a seller paypal CREDIT the seller upfront and paypal will take the wait for the funds to transfer from your funding source, this is so their is no delay in the despatch of your item.

Its also because paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option that has to go via ACH in batches.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Richie01
Contributor
Contributor
I thought that being my linked bank account it would be instant, i needed to send this money as its a donation im making
Login to Me Too

Richie01
Contributor
Contributor
I thought that being my linked account it would be instant.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Richie01

Its called 'instant' transfer when you pay someone because paypal 'instantly' credits the seller in advance for you.

However if you are adding the funds yourself then when you click to add funds there are 2 options, x1 is the one you appear to have used and thats where paypal move the money for you...slowly....all there is the second option where you go to your bank / online banking and 'send' it directly to your paypal balance using the numbers provided when you click to add funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Richie01
Contributor
Contributor
Hmmm seems I done the 2nd option damm as I needed this instantly, lesson on learnt. Thank you for your help, but it did say would be in my paypal balance yesterday but it's still pending, guess I'll just have to wait.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Richie01

but it did say would be in my paypal balance yesterday but it's still pending

I answered that in my first reply.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.