Paypal holding a payment from ebay.

daquestion4u
Contributor
Contributor

Well I received payment for two items(baseball cards), for the amount of 2500$ on 4/11/18, and paypal put the money on hold, stating the money would release faster if tracking information is provided, and the item is delivered in a timely matter.  Of course I had seen this happen before when I first started selling, but I'm not close to a new seller anymore.  I have over 310 positive feedback, and 100% 5 star rating, and am classified as a power seller.  Since the beginning of the year I have had over 40K in sales, so I'm baffled as to why this hold was put on this transactions.  The year before I sold another 40K, so paypal has made plenty of money off me, and I have clearly proven I am a legit seller, as I've never had a return or even an issue since I've started selling.  It seems extremely shady to me, as I see this happening to a lot of other people.  I really wish there was other options out there besides paypal, because I'd use them, as I'm very unhappy with paypal.  Seems like they pull this crap because they know there is no competition.  The money that is on hold was paid to me on 4/11/18, I shipped the cards on 4/13/18, and the buyer received the cards on 4/16/18, and left two positive 5 star feedbacks the same day, so not only do they put my money on the initial hold, as soon as they show delivered and feedback has been left, why in the world is my money still being held?  Can anybody explain that to me, that seems like extremely bad business to me, and has really put me in a spot where I don't even want to sell on ebay anymore as it's not worth the headache.  I already pay a bunch of money on fees, so they make there money off of me, and all the other sellers, so why are they also holding large amounts of money from people once items are delivered and feedback has been left????

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@daquestion4u

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for 'new sellers' (and sometimes you can be put back on it).
If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.
Feedback does not count for payment release.

Normally for Ebays hold funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 3 days (if you use Ebay / paypal postage).
Info in this Ebay link below about Ebays hold.
https://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/sr?query=1746

Also...................

have a scan though the below and see if any of them 'may' fit to give you a clue as to why you got the hold again............

Reasons why you may have returned to the hold as per link above possibly are >>>

1. New seller.
2. Not sold for a while and returned to selling.
3. Dipped star ratings on ebay.
4. Recent buyer disputes.
5. Selling on a different email address or ebay i.d.
6. Suddenly selling a high cost item against normal selling history?

If its none of those then your best bet is to contact Ebay / Paypal customer services to ascertain why.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.