Paypal Payment Holds

SDerrickBAA
Contributor
Contributor

I have see hundreds of posts and complaints for the this issue but most all relate to new sellers.

I have been selling on eBay for about 2 Years.. I sell random stuff from technology to mechanical and all my sales have tracking..

About 2 months ago I sold a car for £500 the payment cleared straight away no issues... then ever since then every single payment has been held back I have had to contact PayPal directly as the release date does not appear or get funds quicker does not appear , please bear in mind that all my items have been delivered and tracking also shows it has been delivered.

Each time I contact PayPal I get a different reason to why they are holding my funds back here are the following answers from PayPal

1. Anti-Fraud 
  2. Delivery tracking needed (already there)
  3. we hold 21 days in case they claim back on an item ( okay but that's down to eBay not PayPal)
  4. We hold funds back because we think you are not credible to cover the loss (wot?)

PayPal have made me use a credit card to pay my eBay fees back due to the fact they continue to hold funds after I have provided them will delivered signed tracking details this is now the 9th item to be held back.. in their latest response was they may stop doing this if I am more considerate what is that suppose to mean? 

Kind Sad that by end 2020 eBay will not advertise PayPal as main form of payment, but when you look at the way they handle peoples accounts is it any wonder?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.