Payment

Zerohuman
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

If i pay a person with security for an item or service, the person will receive the money if i don't "accept receipt?" or will remain in the paypal?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zerohuman 

If I understand you correctly, if you paid for an item/service and you do not confirm receipt on the transaction, the funds will remained held until 21 days is up (and you keep your dispute rights), unless a tracking number was submitted and PayPal system confirms that it is delivered, they release the funds to seller sooner and I would imagine you will still have your dispute rights too. Only when you confirm receipt, you give up your dispute rights.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zerohuman 

If I understand you correctly, if you paid for an item/service and you do not confirm receipt on the transaction, the funds will remained held until 21 days is up (and you keep your dispute rights), unless a tracking number was submitted and PayPal system confirms that it is delivered, they release the funds to seller sooner and I would imagine you will still have your dispute rights too. Only when you confirm receipt, you give up your dispute rights.

Login to Me Too

Zerohuman
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, i understand, that's my problem cuz i think i deal with some group of scamers and i only want to know if them can benefit from money if i don't accept the receipt.

Much thanks.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zerohuman wrote:

Ok, i understand, that's my problem cuz i think i deal with some group of scamers and i only want to know if them can benefit from money if i don't accept the receipt.

Much thanks.

Ah, ok. 🙂 You're welcome.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.