Payment pending/declined

AJ01974
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I bought something online using PayPal. PayPal billed my credit card, took the money, then told the vendor that they declined payment. The payment is marked “pending” so as far as I can see PayPal has my money but is refusing to release it to the vendor. The message is “This transaction is currently pending compliance review. Please do not try to send the payment again until you hear from PayPal. If the compliance team has any questions for you regarding the payment, the team will email you. Thank you for your patience.” I’m pretty shocked they can even do this. If the payment is declined to the vendor (which is what they told the vendor) then why have they taken money from my credit card. They have been holding money of mine for the last three days with no feedback as to why or how long they’re going to hold it for or when it will be released. Time to shift to Apple Pay I feel, I only use PayPal for convenience but it’s pretty darn inconvenient to have someone step in the middle of the transaction and take the funds?!? Does anyone know what this is all about?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AJ01974

The payment is under review essentially and PayPal is holding it pending investigation. Wait until PayPal contacts you. Not sure what you bought or who from, if they are sketchy or not but something tripped their security system.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AJ01974

The payment is under review essentially and PayPal is holding it pending investigation. Wait until PayPal contacts you. Not sure what you bought or who from, if they are sketchy or not but something tripped their security system.

Login to Me Too

AJ01974
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for that. Company is well known software company that I’ve bought from many times with PayPal. I understand security is important but to quarantine funds for 3 days without so much as an email saying why (I had to log in after I got a “purchase declined” email from the seller) is a bit ridiculous.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AJ01974

No doubt. PayPal security system bots is highly sensitive I would imagine and need human overview and it is the holidays so staff is reduced.

Login to Me Too

MphoPule11

Hi, did you end up receiving feedback and your refund? After how long? I am currently experiencing the same situation.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.