Payment for a serivce I did is on hold. Help!

jemaimamelicor
Contributor
Contributor

I received a payment for a service I have already accomplished but the payment is still on hold and paypal is asking me for deliveries or items. I don't sell items. It's a payment for a tutorial service. Please help me.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jemaimamelicor 

With payments received for tangible goods Paypal would request valid tracking information confirming the funds have been delivered to the buyer. As they can validate the tracking information online, once it is delivered they can release the funds. As you have received the funds for a service no tracking number is applicable and Paypal would be unable to release these funds any sooner than the 21 days.

The buyer may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the buyer confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, the funds may be released to you sooner. This is not always guaranteed. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jemaimamelicor 

With payments received for tangible goods Paypal would request valid tracking information confirming the funds have been delivered to the buyer. As they can validate the tracking information online, once it is delivered they can release the funds. As you have received the funds for a service no tracking number is applicable and Paypal would be unable to release these funds any sooner than the 21 days.

The buyer may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the buyer confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, the funds may be released to you sooner. This is not always guaranteed. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

HijabizRock
New Community Member

I am confused and angry. I had a client who asked me to custom make a few items for the wife and I did. They checked out the clothing and liked it and paid me via paypal. I thought nothing about it. Now they are gone I want to transfer funds to my bank account and it says the funds are on hold. I filled in that part where is says they are services rendered and they will send customer a confirmation. When confirmation is received they will release funds. The client says no such email has been received. I tried to call paypal but guess what, they aren't taking these hypes of calls. I tried to message paypal but the message center is taking any messages at all. I am at a complete loss for words. Due to the pandemic I am counting on this new start up to try and survive. What kind of business is this where you can't contact any employees at all? Ever? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.