New account

Comklaus1
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there! I have a new paypal account and just got my first pay as a freelancer on hold.. i marked it as shipped or confirmed that im selling service and it was done.. now my question is, does my client need to confirm on their end so that my money will be available or should i just wait 7 days?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Comklaus1,

I'm sorry for any confusion. The 7 days was once the length of time that it would take to release the funds after buyer confirmation, but now it's immediate release upon confirmation. Without confirmation, the funds will be held for 21 days from the date of the transaction.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Comklaus1,

Thank you for your question! It's good that you've marked that the item was delivered to your buyer. Since there's no way to track the item, in order to have the payment released ahead of the default time frame, the buyer would have to confirm receipt. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Comklaus1
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks Olivia! Uhm, what do you mean receipt? Do i need to provide receipt to my client?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Comklaus1,

I apologize for any misunderstanding. I meant that the buyer would have to confirm that they received the item by visiting their PayPal account and clicking on the transaction and acknowledging that they received it. This is only necessary if you wish to receive the funds sooner than the default time.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Comklaus1
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for clarifying.. it was stated when i tagged it as shipped that it will be available within 7 days.. is this accurate or will it take over 7 days?
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Comklaus1,

I'm sorry for any confusion. The 7 days was once the length of time that it would take to release the funds after buyer confirmation, but now it's immediate release upon confirmation. Without confirmation, the funds will be held for 21 days from the date of the transaction.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Comklaus1
Contributor
Contributor
That clears everything.. thanks so much Olivia.. you've been very helpful..
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Comklaus1,

Happy to help!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.