Money on hold

elenizax
Contributor
Contributor
Hallo there! I have sent a payment to a friends account, but because of they were new in PayPal, they have the money on hold. I just need to refund my money and find another way to send it. Can you help me and tell me what is best to do?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@elenizax 

Normally friends/family payments are only held for 24 hours OR did you send it using the goods/services option?

If you used the latter then sadly you can't refund held funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@elenizax 

Normally friends/family payments are only held for 24 hours OR did you send it using the goods/services option?

If you used the latter then sadly you can't refund held funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

elenizax
Contributor
Contributor
I've sent the money in their company's account. But they are new and they don't have feedbacks yet, so PayPal hold the money.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@elenizax 

Yes i know why its held, i am saying you can't refund held payments. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

elenizax
Contributor
Contributor
What do you mean? I can't take my money back?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@elenizax 

They can refund you from their bank account via paypal but NOT from the funds in their paypal balance if they are held, they would have to wait until they had cleared at 21 days.

If they are refusing to send the item before the funds are cleared then open a dispute for non receipt of item.

If they send your item trackable then the funds would be released to them earlier when tracking showed the item as delivered + 1 day. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.