Instant Transfer to Debit Card

mbrewer714
New Community Member

I did the instant transfer to debit card from my wallet.  Paypal assures you this will be complete in 30 minutes.  It's been over an hour.  The money is gone from Paypal, but not in my bank account.  I could have used this money 59 minutes ago, as I am hungry, and I need it to buy lunch.  Don't tell me something is going to be instant (or take 30 minutes) when clerly this is false (based on many other people's comments).

Login to Me Too
92 REPLIES 92

waverly94
Contributor
Contributor

I thought I would try out this feature. I linked my card. I made the transfer, they deducted the money from my wallet (including the .25 fee.) Now my money is apparently just gone... Paypal seems to be having a LOT of issues lately. 

Login to Me Too

waverly94
Contributor
Contributor

Over 24 hours since I completed the instant transfer to my atm card and I still don't have my money. I also did some regular transfers to my bank account last night and they were all in my bank this morning. So I guess INSTANT transfers take longer. LOL. To make matters worse customer service is ignoring me. I guess that is a hundred bucks I'll never see again

Login to Me Too

Petitecharm
Contributor
Contributor
My transfer finally became available in about two days. I heard back from customer service after I had gotten my money already and they refunded my 25 cents
Login to Me Too

waverly94
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. Clearly .25 is not going to make and break me either way. And I do hope my money shows up. But either way, they need to stop pushing this instant transfer service, which obviuosly, does not work as advertised.

Login to Me Too

Vexia8
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the information. Did they explain what caused the delay? I tried the instant transfer feature for the first time today and sadly my $49.75 is somewhere in limbo. I wish I would have read the reviews before even attempting this feature, I would have certainly avoided it and made my transfer the traditional way. I did reach out to customer service about two hours after I had made the transfer, the representative informed me that it showed at their end and it was probably my bank's (credit union) issue. I had called my credit union before calling paypal and was informed that no transfer was showing. We'll see if it shows in my account tomorrow. If that's the case then my credit union is sitting on funds and only doing any transfers once a day. 
*shrugs* I will update if I can.

Login to Me Too

jokeronparade
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. Set up my debit card today so I could use it. Haven't seen the money show up in my bank account yet. And good luck trying to get Customer Service to help.
Login to Me Too

Tew1
Contributor
Contributor
When did you do the transfer. I’m still waiting.
Login to Me Too

GoddessRachel
Contributor
Contributor
The PayPal instant cash transfer your VISA debit card is NOT isntant. I received a $140 payment from Ebates, it cleared into my PayPal account instantly, I transferred it for a 25 cent fee and got a message saying, "Your transfer request is under review. For security reasons, we need a bit more time to review your transfer request. This process can take up to 72 hours. If it passes our review, we'll release it and then the regular withdrawal timeframe (about 30 mins) will then take effect. We'll email you as soon as we have an update." I called PayPal, they said it's out of their hands, it's the government which handles all online transfers. Whatever. They said within 72 hours it would either go onto my card or be returned to my PayPal balance but they couldn't reverse the transfer. 4 days later (more than 72 hours later) I got an email saying the funds were cleared to transfer onto my debit card and should show up in about 30 minutes. About an hour later I had my cash. Well, since I already went through this verification process the first time I figured my next transfer would go through immediately and I'd just have to wait the "30 minutes" for it to post to my debit card and I get the same message again saying that it could take up to 72 hours for them to review my $200 transfer to the same card I already transferred funds to before so I am never using this service again with PayPal. It's ridiculous. Obviously if the cash balance is available in my PayPal account and the funds are clear, from reliable sources, I'm verified, and I've already made an "instant transfer" to my debit card and went through the 4 day security verification process, it shouldn't be doing it again!!! I'm so fed up with them. I'm sticking to cash app from now on. PayPal is ridiculous. Smh. Don't waste your time risking all of your money being held for 72+ hours, if you do this I would suggest trying to transfer $1 first just to see if it'll actually be instant or if they'll put you through this 72 hour verification period to determine whether or not you can even get your "instant deposit" "instantly".
Login to Me Too

Starltavares
It's false advertisement and has been nothing but a headache I've been. Going with out today thanks to this issue I love how Your so fast to take my money off of my debit card for my purchases yet my available funds is still not available 9 hours after transferring it to my debit card I even called them earlier today and couldn't get a solution... bad buisness PayPal
Login to Me Too

1oldbarbie
Contributor
Contributor

I wish I had read this before I did this. Yesterday I transferred 850.00 to my debit card so I could bail my car out of the shop. Paypal says completed and they charged me the fee. The money is nowhere to be seen. It would have been in my bank now if I had done it the normal way. Can't get my car, can't get to work and am losing money. This is awful, people are using this because it's an emergency and you are making things worse for them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.