I think I accidently scammed someone

Unsurepanda
Contributor
Contributor

So I was selling some online mobile accounts and one guy msgs me about an account he then asks me to help he buy some gold since his phone doesn't work (should have noticed here it was dodgy) so he transferred me money to buy the gold and for the mobile account I bought the gold then he transferred me more money from another Gmail account realizing what was going on I transferred the same amount back to that account without realizing you could refund. Please help me on what to do next I'm kinda anxious and scared Thank you for reading

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Unsurepanda wrote:
So I was selling some online mobile accounts and one guy msgs me about an account he then asks me to help he buy some gold since his phone doesn't work (should have noticed here it was dodgy) so he transferred me money to buy the gold and for the mobile account I bought the gold then he transferred me more money from another Gmail account realizing what was going on I transferred the same amount back to that account without realizing you could refund. Please help me on what to do next I'm kinda anxious and scared Thank you for reading

Online mobile accounts? Boy, are people hustling these days...anyway, you sent the money from the first payment instead of refunding back to the first account or to the gmail account? Either way, nothing you can do unless you ask the guy to send you back the money and you refund. Leave well enough alone I say. You sent the money back, it's under your email address. If the guy files a dispute you can say you sent the money back and give them the transaction ID. Perhaps you should refund the other payment. Selling digital accounts of any kind is highly risky as you are not protected by PayPal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Unsurepanda wrote:

Online mobile accounts? Boy, are people hustling these days...anyway, you sent the money from the first payment instead of refunding back to the first account or to the gmail account? Either way, nothing you can do unless you ask the guy to send you back the money and you refund. Leave well enough alone I say. You sent the money back, it's under your email address. If the guy files a dispute you can say you sent the money back and give them the transaction ID. Perhaps you should refund the other payment. Selling digital accounts of any kind is highly risky as you are not protected by PayPal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Unsurepanda
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you very much
Login to Me Too

Unsurepanda
Contributor
Contributor

i tried to refund the other payment but there is no refund button could you help me please?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.