Double Charge, Negative Balance

MrsLala
I have been trying to contact PayPal about this issue, but with the Covid-19, it is a slow process that is yielding zero answers. On May 4th, I was charged for a product off of Amazon. That transaction completed at about 9 am MST on May 4th. Then on May 5th at about midnight, I received an email showing the same Amazon transaction being pulled again, leaving my account at a zero balance. The product shipped email was sent at midnight on May 5th, but the second transaction remains pending. These are no small transactions either; the double charge drained my bank account, put my PayPal into a negative, which I didn't even know was possible! Now all my bills are being declined. I am very worried about NSF fees happening. When I try to dispute, I get an error msg that tells me I can not dispute the pending charge OR the completed charge. The help center chat gave me a rundown of steps to complete so that I would be able to email them, but when I followed their actions, it brought me right back to the conversation with the person attempting to help, not an email. This process is taking days to resolve and I am afraid this will not be resolved quickly enough. I am hoping someone has a direct email to their customer support. Additional info, I did contact the seller twice about this. They are claiming it is a bank error, and they know nothing about the charge. Thank you for any help in advance, Lala
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Miss-Designs
New Community Member
Ever get it fixed? I'm curious because if like to know if they ever changed their policy to where it actually helped us the customer, rather than refusing responsibility asking with an oh well nothing can be done, sorry for your luck, kind of response. Because I had a relatively small charge that somehow was billed dolly, back to back, and though I contacted immediately to inform them and try to get them to fix it, I was given the long path instead. First, despite me providing proof that it they did not fix the duplicate charge it was DEFINITELY going to cause at least a couple nsf fees through my bank because of the whole landslide effect that happens when it involves the unexpected and unplanned for issues like a computer error kind of accidental change, I was refused help. First It was made clear that though the computer error was on their end that it was just something out of their control that happened and so was not their responsibility to fix. Second, that if I wanted it removed then I needed to contact the company from the original charge and get them to provide me proof that it was in actuality only supposed to be there one charge, regardless of the fact that the customer service was gone for the weekend and unreachable. Third, that if I actually wanted any chance at help to fix the nsf fees that would occur sure to The computer error that was not causes by any of their people (kinda the definition of computer error I tried to point out but they didn't get it), said that I would just have to try and get that company who did the original charge to agree to cover it because it wasn't their concern. And then finally fourth, the insulting kicker that it was, this person shared their opinion of my worth by staying that if I couldn't afford to handle any uh oh's or accidental extra charges sick as the one I was complaining about, then obviously I was the one causing it by obviously trying so hard to exist above my means and rather than placing orders on line I should have just done without and then it wouldn't have been able to happen in the first place. Then without even the cut and dry exit of Is there anything else I can try to help you with, the most rude and insulting csr I've ever had to deal with simply scoffed and hung up. After the shock wore off, and then the really long stretch of looking like an insane person from paving back and forth doing my best to replace the not so friendly and heavily cuss worded rant with less.... Sailer style language, I did try the original company. Figured after the last one, surely the worst is get was a no. And I was right. They confirmed what I already knew that they in no way were responsible for some computer glitch on PP's end. But they were at least nice about and actually agreed to do what they could to help, felt sorry for me, and did issue me a credit to cover the duplicate charge also denied by PP. Tried PP again, but never having received the last persons name, and then obviously not noting the account, the new one couldn't help me with getting something done about her. And they also stated no way for them to help cover the nsf fees I shouldn't have gotten, even if they had wanted to, especially seeing as how the original company had sent a refund for the duplicate charge through already, which though only done to be nice made it fall back in to looking like if anyone was responsible it would have to be them since they obviously took responsibility for the erroroneous charge already. A catch 22 that no one wanted to spend more than enough time to just repeat their stock answers and pass the blame. And those fees added up to be a lot more than the charge that caused them, by like 4 times. Made me second guess being willing to accept helping hand like that again for sure. That was over a year ago though and I just had hope that they right person would be willing to stand up and push to make changes that would help us and in turn make them look better and more W.O.M. worthy rather than leaning more towards the level of those insurance companies you always hear about with the unwritten rule to always turn down a claim if it would cost them anything, using any reason, fitting or not, they could come up with to excuse it. If PP is found to have more people popping up, spreading their experiences at being cheated or refused help they obviously were owed, and just in every way I've been reading lately, being left out in the cold to deal with trouble not of their own making all for the final result to not matter if there issue ever got fixed as long as it didn't have to come out of PPs pocket in any way then oh well, then I hate to see how it goes next year or beyond. Especially with all these new similar companies to how they started popping up and begging for customers, trying to make themselves known. I myself still have faith and have appreciation for the benefits I've received and believe they period the negative. But that's just me. I hope your issue was fixed and didn't cause near as much of a problem and God willing nowhere near as much stress.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.