Debit Card

desmondrc
Contributor
Contributor

Im trying to add a debit card to my paypal account after i removed it from another account. i am keep getting this card is currently active on another account is there a time for the card to be removed from the previous account?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

have you been using it regularly with your old account?

Login to Me Too

desmondrc
Contributor
Contributor
No with another account.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@desmondrc

You can only add a card to a paypal account x3 times in its lifetime, so if you are trying to add it above those times it will stay linked to the old account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

desmondrc
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the useful information.
Login to Me Too

djluigi
New Community Member

I have the same issue but and then I closed the account meaning that it has been deleted meaning that its been removed isn't ? if not, paypal services should be able remove that from they're system put no one seems to help me out . I am trying to link my card with my current account but it refuses I do not know why

The statement I got it said that I should remove it from my previous account or I use another payment besides the accounts are deleted.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey Djluigi. 

Welcome to the Community!

If you are unable to add your card to your current PayPal account and the card was active on a previous account, you should contact our customer service team directly for further assistance. 

This can be done by clicking the 'Help & Contact' icon at the bottom of any PayPal webpage. From here, you can then click the 'Call Us' option. If no number shows on the next page, please click the 'Call as a guest' option to be provided with the best number to call us on. When you contact us directly, we will be able to reset your card for you so that you can add your card to your new account.

I hope this helps.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.