Conversion rate change

MrShine
Contributor
Contributor

Where can I see and manage the currency conversion option?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MrShine
Contributor
Contributor

All,

Just got the answer I was looking for in a private message from Paypal's support.
See below, I hope it'll help anyone who's been searching for the same topic:

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

Due to covid-19 our phone lines are working in a limited capacity at the moment, however you can reach us via e-mail or though the messaging service and a representative will help you.

What is it that you want to convert?

If you want to change the currency of one of your Credit cards, please reply with the card's last 2 digits and the currency you wish to set it in and we will do it.

If you are talking about who will do the conversion when you are paying for something, then at the checkout page before you make the final approval of the payment you can choose if you want us to make the conversion or your card issuer.

Cheers,
Doron

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MrShine 

Click on your paypal wallet.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MrShine
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass Thank you for trying to help but this wasn't my question.
I want to know where can I manage the conversion rate instead of using Paypal's to use the currency listed on seller's invoice.
Paypal doesn't want their users to change that as this is how they make extra bucks on each sell and purchase, I know they don't want us to change that as they are always hiding this option on different places. Right now it seems to be unreachable, and so I wandered if anyone here knows and can assist me with a link or directions?

Does anybody knows where did Paypal hide this now?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adam1

Hi MrShine, thanks for posting to the Community. I think this will clarify the question for you. When you make a payment in foreign currency, we calculate the conversion rate for you. You'll see the rate when you make your payment.

If you send money using a debit or credit card, you can choose to use your card issuer's conversion rate instead of ours. If you choose to use your card issuer's rate, you won't know the conversion rate right away. It'll appear on your card statement.

To select your card issuer's rate when making a payment, just select the currency you are converting your funds to when making your payment.

Here's how to change the currency conversion option for billing agreements:

1. Click the Settings icon next to "Log out".
  2. Click Payments at the top.
  3. Click Manage Automatic Payments.
  4. Find the billing agreement you'd like to change, then click the edit icon next to your payment method.
  5. Click Conversion options.
  6. Select the currency conversion option you want and click Agree.

To view our up to date exchange rates, please log in to your PayPal account and go to https://www.paypal.com/businesswallet/currencyConverter/ILS.

Login to Me Too

MrShine
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Adam1 
Hi Adam,
Thank you for your reply.

First important for you to know that I followed your instructions and yet it didn't lead me to where I can select the conversion method I please but instead I got to the "Manage Funding Sources" screen where I can only check mark my credit card I make the billings from and click either "Save" or" Cancel".

Second, I might have not described my question well, I apologies for that...
What I'm looking for is the place where I can change the currency conversion rate from using Paypal's conversion process (the default option) to the "Bill me in currency listed on the seller's invoice" option, Can you please assist me with a link or a step by step directions how to get there?

Attaching here an image of this previous screen which is now unreachable

Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 18.00.56.png

Login to Me Too
Solved

MrShine
Contributor
Contributor

All,

Just got the answer I was looking for in a private message from Paypal's support.
See below, I hope it'll help anyone who's been searching for the same topic:

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

Due to covid-19 our phone lines are working in a limited capacity at the moment, however you can reach us via e-mail or though the messaging service and a representative will help you.

What is it that you want to convert?

If you want to change the currency of one of your Credit cards, please reply with the card's last 2 digits and the currency you wish to set it in and we will do it.

If you are talking about who will do the conversion when you are paying for something, then at the checkout page before you make the final approval of the payment you can choose if you want us to make the conversion or your card issuer.

Cheers,
Doron

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.