Class action lawsuit against PayPal

Kikep0912
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all, I’d like to reach out to everyone who is tired of PayPal’s sick policy and sketchy business. Here what lead me to this: I was paid by 2 friends money as friends and family. When I went to withdraw the first payment to my bank they said there was a 72 hour delay plus the 1 day to withdraw if they didn’t find a issue. The second one I withdrew to my debit card and they also placed a 3 day delay. I have already talked to an attorney and it appears it isn’t the first time PayPal is sued for placing unjustified holds on funds. It appears PayPal is only holding funds to gain interest from the money. Also: it states in PayPal’s policy’s that holds are randomly placed to a very small percentage, yet both of mine in different days were placed on hold. Fun fact: PayPal has already been sued in 2015-16 for these same unjustified practices.

Login to Me Too
239 REPLIES 239

FenderGuy20
Contributor
Contributor

Twitter is @       wfmginc . I do not like the fact that if they close your account they keep your financial information open. Let me know who wants to do a class action already taking to attorneys over Experian and Transunion, Id love to add Paypal to the mix as well

Login to Me Too

Trifour418
New Community Member
I am having thebexact same problem. Pay pal unlawfully withheld fund from transfere. Funds that were being transfered to the same account just the day before having no issues. Pay pal tried telling me the funds were being declined by my bank. Then they turn around and admit to an unwarranted and unjustified review of the funds being transfered. I at that point requested they cease and desist all holds that they have placed unjustly against my transferes. They immediately supposedly released the fund saying they will be available the next business day. Which is 2 days away. So i check their candor with an instant transfere to find they are still declining transfers. Why pay pal has all the sudden chose to **bleep** with my money is beyond me but am currently being advised by an attorney to give the enough rope to hang themselves. But if 89 other people have been singled out it raises question to a discrimnatory pratice of sorts. Since this issue is happening to a select few people. There must be some common ground as to why these people have been singled out.
Login to Me Too

Sabrinajackson2
Contributor
Contributor

Let me know if you do. <removed> Email is is above at <removed>

Login to Me Too

Harrier45
New Community Member

21 August 2018

I had a transaction with a customer through Ebay. When the item was shipped, a part was missing which the buyer disclosed to me. I was unable to find the missing part, and after several days of negotiation, we both agreed to a partial refund of the purchase price of the original order.

The buyer had not yet closed his dispute with Ebay, but the dispute remained open. At this time, it was more than 30 days after the sale had been completed. With the dispute open, PayPal elected to withdraw funds from my private bank account, despite the fact that the DISPUTE WAS STILL OPEN AND HAD NOT BEEN RESOLVED BY EBAY IN FAVOUR OF EITHER THE BUYER OR THE SELLER.

When I contacted Ebay regarding the resolution of the dispute, Ebay agreed that the dispute would be closed. They also advised that the unauthorized withdrawal from my bank account would be refunded within 24-48 hours. I was then connected to PayPal to confirm the closure of the dispute and refund of the money withdrawn from my bank. A representative from PayPal confirmed that the refund would be available to me within 24-48 hours.

As of this day -- 6 days later -- the funds which were illegally withdrawn from my bank account have not yet been returned to me.

Today I advised PayPal that I would be seeking legal action for charges of theft and fraud related to PayPal's unauthorized access of my bank account and refusal to process that refund in a timely manner.

I will keep you posted of the developments in this case.

Login to Me Too

Ninety-9_
Contributor
Contributor
Message me back if you want to start a class Action suit with me. They lost $1000.00 of my money.
Login to Me Too

tvahl1809
New Community Member

I have an at least 6 month long email exchange documented and saved that I had with them. Due to their technical issue they blocked my money (several thousand EUR) because they said that my bank account data I was trying to change was not correct. Which was a complete nonsense. At the end they were kind enough to manually fix it but still said that I made a mistake at the first place. Complete **bleep** as the number had always been the same. 

Login to Me Too

Mangomadness
Funny thing I had this same thing just happen to me today. They closed my account without actually telling me why and placing 1500 on hold for six months. I am contacting an attorney and the better business bureau tomorrow. Also going to reach out to the federal reserve seeing as PayPal is actually not a bank yet they are trying to act as one.
Login to Me Too

gripthis
Contributor
Contributor

Contact the Secretary of State Division of Corporations in your home state. Forget the BBB. They are worthless. Your home state has a division that regulates all businesses doing business in your state. It's all tied into the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. File a complaint with them, and tell them your story. If PayPal violated any of your state's laws, they will go after PayPal.

I'm a former Florida DBPR judge. The DBPR is the Dept. of Business and Professional Regulation, and the judicial arm of the Florida Secretary of State, which regulates PayPal doing business in Florida. Your state has the same type regulatory agency. 

Login to Me Too

Trtlman
Contributor
Contributor
I’d love to see this happen, I am tired of their bull crap.
Login to Me Too

FenderGuy
Contributor
Contributor

It seems my post was deleted by the corrupt Paypal What do you expect when you post on the thieves site?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.