Cant add Bank account - not the same country

Warzone
Contributor
Contributor

Helle - im trying to withdraw some money, but, when im going to link accounts i get; "You can only link a bank account that uses Danish Kroner."

I dont have a bank in denmark OR even live there. Whats the solution if i want to withdraw my money to my own bank account in norway?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Warzone, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

That is strange that it will not allow you to add a Norwegian bank account as you should be able to add a local bank. Please check the currency of your PayPal account. If the account balance is in Danish Kroner, it will ask for a bank for this currency. Did you previously live in Denmark and may have created this account in Denmark before moving to Norway? 

If neither of these applies to the account, please contact our Customer Support team by phone, email, Facebook or Twitter and we would be happy to look into this for you. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

JDKlepp
New Community Member

Was there a solution to this problem?

Just experienced the same thing myself, my account has a Norwegian address and currency, and I have never lived in Denmark........

Login to Me Too

Ritchepeach
New Community Member
I had same problem.it shows that only DKK account can be added.However I just ignored warnings and linked my NOK bank account from Danske bank.moreover I already withdrew a small amount of money to my account successfully. It seems that PayPal messes up the “interface “with danish account when you trying to link an Norwegian account.and this weird problem hasn’t ever been fixed since long time ago...
Login to Me Too

polkagris
Contributor
Contributor

I am a Swedish citizen and experiencing the same problem. I can't link my Swedish bank account.

Login to Me Too

kejan
New Community Member

Well i got the same problem & iam living in sweden ... 

Login to Me Too

niklassthlm
New Community Member

I have the same problem, cant get my money, any solutions at all?

Login to Me Too

polkagris
Contributor
Contributor

The only solution for me was to open an extra savings account(Swedbank) and link it. Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.