Can't withdraw to FNB - Paypal "Sorry, something went wrong, please try again"

Chantalforssman
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I've been trying to withdraw my Paypal money to my FNB account for 3 days in a row now without success. I get the quote in FNB, accept the terms and then it opens the popup window to log in to Paypal (I have logged in to Paypal in another tab as well to see if it helps). It logs in then tells me I must add a card to my account and then immediately redirects to the "Sorry, something went wrong, please try again" message and I can't do anything further. I have a card added to Paypal, it is an FNB card as well as my billing addresses are the same in both accounts and the expiry date still fine. I have set the card as my default payment method, still no success. I have withdrawn many times before with the same settings so I know everything is set up correctly. I don't know what more to do. Please help!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Chantalforssman
Contributor
Contributor

I just spoke to FNB Paypal support - and apparently that error means you are trying to withdraw too much from the Paypal account, just lessen the amount slightly and it goes through. Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

----

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Chantalforssman
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker  I can't see your reply to my question? 

Login to Me Too
Solved

Chantalforssman
Contributor
Contributor

I just spoke to FNB Paypal support - and apparently that error means you are trying to withdraw too much from the Paypal account, just lessen the amount slightly and it goes through. Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem. 

Login to Me Too

Simone10101
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I can’t withdraw money either and it doesn’t even give me the option to ask how much.  It’s only £27!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.