Action Required

RPetty
Contributor
Contributor

Wow, here we are in 2020, soon to be 2021.  Last time I checked, it was 1977 and I was graduating from High School, preparing to go to college on an athletic/academic scholarship. 

I've watched the world go from payphones to cell phones, answer machines to voicemail, motor bikes to e-bikes, and Priority Mail to GMail.

All that progress and one of the richest companies on the planet, can't figure out how to program a website.

Today I logged in to my PP business account and in BIG RED LETTERS a message read, "ACTION REQUIRED - Amount due to PayPal. Add money to your account to resolve the amount of the overdraft. If you don't pay the amount due, the case will be referred to collections."

So I added money from my bank using the ADD FUNDS option to cover the negative amount and logged off.  The next day when I logged in I saw the same message, "ACTION REQUIRED".  So I called in to inquire about this pestilent big read message.

Turns out it takes 5 to 7 business days for my payment to post.  Ok, I can deal with that, but wait, during this 5-7 business days, PayPal remains completely in the dark for the entire 5-7 days.  So they think I'm a crook who plans to run away with their $42.44 rather than pay it. 

I've been a customer for 20 years, one might think after that long, they've earned a little more respectful trust than this.

So all that progress over the past 40 years and PP hasn't figured out a way to get notified the minute funds are added through their own “ADD FUNDS” option, so they can stop threatening to send us to the Principal's office.

I think this is where I say something like, "Get with the program PayPal"!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RPetty 

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-add-money-to-my-paypal-account-faq1348?app=sear...

If you had wanted it done quickly then you could have just asked a family member or mate to 'send' you the funds to clear the debt using the friends/family option and if they do NOT use a card its free, then the neg balance would have been cleared instantly. OR cleared it via a debit card over the phone with c.s (tricky getting through at the moment though but not impossible).

In 2020 there are lots of ways to do things, you just have to ask or figure it out using common sense. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RPetty 

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-add-money-to-my-paypal-account-faq1348?app=sear...

If you had wanted it done quickly then you could have just asked a family member or mate to 'send' you the funds to clear the debt using the friends/family option and if they do NOT use a card its free, then the neg balance would have been cleared instantly. OR cleared it via a debit card over the phone with c.s (tricky getting through at the moment though but not impossible).

In 2020 there are lots of ways to do things, you just have to ask or figure it out using common sense. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.