Account limitation

Alex1996757
Contributor
Contributor
I was sent £188 from Brazil (my girlfriend is Brazilian) two days ago, and when I went to withdraw the money it would not let me. I then tried to send it to another PayPal account, again, wouldn’t let me ... I then rang PayPal three times, was told different information each time, the last person telling me the attempted payments had been blocked due to suspicious activity and to try again in 72 hours. I’ve received no email from PayPal though, no pending reviews in the resolution centre, absolutely nothing ... I’m beyond angry about it, it seems no one will help and that I’ve essentially lost £188. If anyone could help me, I’d really appreciate it. Thanks.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alex1996757 

Pending in your paypal balance?

Pending withdrawal?

Is there a clearance date on either the balance or when you withdrew?

Did she send in sterling or her currency?

What does it say next to the transaction in her paypal account, is it completed or pending with a clearance date?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Alex1996757
Contributor
Contributor
Hey. Yes she did pay in sterling, however it was a Brazilian bank account therefore I believe there was a conversion fee. The thing that alarms me is that there is absolutely no mention of any check on my account, when I look at the resolution centre it says nothing is being reviewed of checked, the balance is available, it's only when I go to either withdraw or send money to another PayPal account I encounter issues (I tried this as I couldn't withdraw). Even on her account, it doesn't say pending, it says completed.. It's only when I rang them that they said security had blocked it and for me to try again after 72 hours maximum. It's just really confusing. Thanks for your reply. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.