AVG Yearly pisstake

Steelbeard
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Looking for a suitable antivirus 3 years ago i registered with AVG. I realized that it wasn't any good because it slowed my CPU quite significantly so i unregistered with AVG and thought no more of it. Anyway since then Paypal have continued to debit my account saying that this action IS authorized.

I cannot access my old log in details with AVG so i am debited £45 every year with Paypals consent even though i have asked for a refund. Apparently its a pre approved payment even though i DONT approve of this continual theft of my limited finances.

I am now broke this week with Paypals approval WTF?

It seems i cannot even find a human to speak too because the phone number isnt even working.

Has Paypal gone rogue?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Amazedbygrace
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

You need to log in to your paypal account. Goto settings payments and manage automatic payments. You can then click on the AVG and cancel it.

Hope this helps stop future payments.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Steelbeard
Contributor
Contributor

Well im obviously still £45 down regardless of whether i didnt untick the correct box on the auto payment system which ive now done.

Ive asked for a refund which has been refused. AVG have had a total of £120 over a period of 3 years for a service that im not even using. Why wont Paypal help me resolve this problem and give me a refund?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Steelbeard 

No, PayPal has not gone rogue. When you sign up for these online services, you set up a billing agreement when you first subscribe allowing PayPal to deduct the cost of the subscription. There might be a certain why you have to cancel with the service provider AND, you can also cancel the billing agreement at PayPal.

Service providers and certain merchants set up billing agreements and automatic payments to streamline checkout experience and automate payments for your convenience but sometimes we forget or don't cancel properly according to provider procedure.

You can cancel the billing agreement at PayPal (if not at the merchant's site) by:

Personal accounts:

Go to Settings (gear icon) > Payments > Manage Automatic Payments

Select merchant on left, click Cancel on the right.

Business accounts:

Go to Account Settings (gear icon) > Money, banks and cards > Automatic payments > Set Automatic Payments

Click Merchant from list and edit payment method or cancel on the next page.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.