Why still a 30-day Hold on all Payments? - 5 Year PayPal Member - 100% Positive History

Andrew-Davis
Contributor
Contributor

Hello PayPal Community.

I've been a member of PayPal for 5 years, since 2007.

I use PayPal for Business, and I have a Business account.

I am located in Trinidad and Tobago.

I receive payments from orders frequently, and I need to pay my staff out of those funds that my Clients send me.

What I would like to know is, WHY do I still have a 30-day Hold on ALL my PayPal funds, after being a trusted member for so long?

- I NEVER had any disputes with any of my sales.

- 100% Clean History.

- 277 Transactions on this account so far.

- Have been a PayPal member for 5 Years.

What more do I need to do, to get this annoying hold removed from my account?

My workers are upset that I cannot pay them fast enough.

I wrote to PayPal's Customer Support about it several times, but they keep replying with the same "canned" answer, saying:

"After you have a successful selling history with us, we no longer require 30-day settlement periods. We’ll notify you by email when payments you receive go directly to your available balance." etc...

This is ridiculous to me honestly. I tried to bear with it as long as possible, but it isn't working out anymore.

If PayPal will continue to do NOTHING to help my situation, I will be forced to work with another payment processor, such as: Alertpay, 2checkout, Moneybookers, etc...

I've already started use Payoneer to receive larger payments. (They won't accept payments under $20)

So I need to find some other Sensible Online Merchant solution.

On top of all this, apparently I can't even send money using my "Available Balance"! Smiley Indifferent

I must first withdraw that money to my bank at a cost of $5!

THEN I can send the payment through PayPal to the merchant.

There is NO option for me to pay using my Available PayPal Balance.

I only have the option to pay with the Credit Cards linked to my account.

Why is PayPal doing nothing to help merchants like me, who are earning them money by using PayPal's service?

Please improve your services in a fair and ehtical way PayPal.

Thank you for your time,

-Andrew

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

heathadoe25
New Community Member

Hi, I too have the same problem with paypal and their 30 day hold, currently I am located in St.Lucia, and I was told by their customer service agent that I had to establish a sucessful seller history, and she mentioned something about since I was in St.Lucia she could not tell me when the hold would be removed, because paypal settings for St.Lucia, were origninally for making payments online, and not for receiving money.  Therefore, this may also apply to your situation, from what I was told, there is no guarantee, that this hold will ever be lifted. I am patiently waiting for my 30 days of pending status **bleep** to be over, so that I can close this account, and continue dealing with Amazon payments, it takes 3 -5 business days for me to receive payment with them. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.