Feedback about PayPal's Decision in NC

Roncz
New Community Member

Glad to see your company is taking a stand on the discriminatory practices in NC. Congratulations.

Login to Me Too
842 REPLIES 842

Paladin4691
Contributor
Contributor

I will be closing my account due to your PC actions. I will take my business to a company that has values and doesn't exercise extortion to pander to the 1%.  A restroom is designed for the "equipment" someone has and nothing to do with sexuality.

Login to Me Too

nh1969
New Community Member

I totally agree with the disappointment in  Paypal concerning NC. I will be looking for another way to pay online ASAP.

I don't my granddaughters to meet some guy in the Women's bathroom and next it will be the women's locker rooms in schools. 

How did people get so STUPID? How did Paypal get so stupid? I hope the stockholders of Paypal rise up and fire this bozo or bozos who made such a bone headed move because of bathrooms before they ruin the company. Really bathrooms? But Paypal will do business with countries like Cuba or China but not North Carolina? Really?

Login to Me Too

Mo11
New Community Member

I don't understand PayPal's hypocrisy in begining wiling to do business where gays are arrested or even excuted, but PayPal takes a stand against NC wanting to protect its citizens in restrooms.

Or maybe it really it easy to understand.  Follow the money.

Login to Me Too

XuserBarb
New Community Member

PayPal gets the hypocrite of the year award! This company says they’re not coming to North Carolina because the legislators and Gov. Pat McCrory have passed a law to protect women and children against sexual predators by not allowing men to use women’s restrooms and locker rooms.

Congressman Robert Pittenger made a great point yesterday: “PayPal does business in 25 countries where homosexual behavior is illegal, including 5 countries where the penalty is death, yet they object to the North Carolina legislature overturning a misguided ordinance about letting men in to the women’s bathroom? Perhaps PayPal would like to try and clarify this seemingly very hypocritical position.”
I'm quitting. I don't need to support this.

Login to Me Too

jesse2946
Contributor
Contributor

thank you for this post   Hypocrite of the decade would be a better recognition!!

Login to Me Too

mike611
Contributor
Contributor

I'm just curious if now that Paypal is boycotting Americans for their stand on local issues when they are going to do the same to all the foreign countries they do business in that enforce local policies that include the murder of innocent people due to their personal lifestyles. Just wondering is all.

Login to Me Too

donm2016
New Community Member

"I am a citizen of North Carolina. My personal beliefs are my own. I do not press my opinion on any other person. I only ask that my fellow citizens be safe from harm. That the laws created are legal and fair.
PayPal's response to me was to penalize my state by cancelling a business center in Charlotte.
Therefore I am exercising my right and closing both my business and personal accounts with PayPal. You have facilities in countries world wide who are dictators and openly Kill or imprison LGBT's but when my state says No to an insane bathroom law you jump on board with the crazies. 
In closing I don't need you and I hope others in my State do the same. So Long Paypal."

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@donm2016

To be honest with 129 million paypal accounts worldwide, i don't think its gonna make a lot of difference to paypal   Smiley Wink

They have to stick to their beliefs as well and I admire them for doing so.

A law should not be made that is only fair to some people.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Perplexed2
New Community Member

I cannot believe Paypal got involved in such a mess. There are thousands now cancelling Paypal accounts. That is really going to hurt the bottom like for sellers. Is there any other easy option to sell other than PP? It seems so hypocritical when PP for years operates in countries where there is the death penalty...immediate...for the behavior in question...yet business continues there as normal. What was PP thinking? It has really put sellers in a difficult position. (Posted these questions on the ebay community board too.)

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Perplexed2

Try google for alternatives.

However as a buyer and seller myself i would not buy from anyone without paypal buyer protection as a lot of the alternatives don't offer it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.