PayPal and how it treats its long standing business accounts! Must Read

Mat1330
Contributor
Contributor
I have been in business for 4 years. 90% of my Business transactions have been thru PayPal. In 2015, I processed 277 payments for the year and 2016 I processed 486 payments. There has been a small number of disputes over the years and even a smaller number that has not ended in my favor. I started using PayPal working capital in 2015. I started out with a good size loan and that helped my business. Throughout much of 2015 and 2016 the 5 total loans increased my business so much I was able to add another branch to it. ( Selling Reptiles to now Reptiles and Exotic birds). With that being said November and December of 2016 along with January of 2017 was great months for business...... So well that January alone surpassed my yearly total in 2014. That excitement lasted until I received my email from PayPal that my account needed to be reviewed. I submitted all of the information and gave merchant review all of the info they asked for. I was assured it was a system error and my account would be ok. TWO days later, I received an email that my account has been permanently closed with no option to dispute!! Apparently, animals are a high risk business yet PayPal had no problem processing all of those payment for the last 4 years. I immediately called PayPal and received little to no remorse about the situation. Here is a business that has had a long standing positive reputation with PayPal get closed down. Just because my sales volume increased drastically. Thanks mainly to working capital loans. I did everything working capital was designed to do and was brutally punished by PayPal! *increase business *increase sales *increase company size When I talked to PayPal working capital they apologized to me about this situation. It seems the two companies are related but do not follow the same guidelines. They even locked all of the funds in my account for the next 180 days. I did have around a $1000.00 in the account with orders to still be shipped. I had to cancel those orders and refund my customers as I would not see the money for 6 months. PayPal certainly hurt their reputation in my eyes and in the eyes of the thousands of potential users on my social media accounts. I would have never expected PayPal to treat a loyal customer like this. There needs to be some serious modifications of your decisions and how you treat your customers. I may be one person but if you do this continually, that one person may turn into hundreds, thousands and eventually you will be closing down.
Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

All of what PayPal stated.

As for risks, you failed to manage your own customer disuptes and forced buyers to go to PayPal for dispute resolution.  Those buyer problems were YOUR problems and should have been resolved by your business; your business is supposed to take the risk for those problems,not pass the risk to PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Mat1330
Contributor
Contributor
See you are focusing your entire argument on disputes. I have not had a dispute for almost 7 months. I pointed out simply that I have had a few disputes over the entirety of this account to be 100% forth coming with the account. Those disputes had no affect on this decision. It was simply a decision made on my account sales increase and a flaw in PayPal's system. When one of the highest up working capital bosses calls you back to make an apology you know PayPal was at error for this decision.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.