Appeal dispute decision

Adnamanave
Contributor
Contributor
I cannot seem to appeal mu dispute decision after following the instructions on how to do it. I was not given the chance to provide photos of my item. The item was supposed to be chrome but ended up being cheap plastic that corroded. The decision said that it was closed because the sellers description was accurate. No where on the description does it say not really the product you expected and will not last more than a couple months before looking like cheap garbage. These are towing mirrors for a vehicle and were very expensive so we expected a good quality that would last at the very least a year or more. We now have to spend a bunch of money to have them redone to at least pass as somewhat nice looking. I was not given the chance to provide photos or other information. Very upset and dissapointed at not getting a fair chance to explain the issues.
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You were supposed to add all of supporting evidence at time of filing the dispute.  Once escalated to a claim you cannot add more evidence unless specifically requested.

You could now make a phone call to PayPal customer service to ask for an appeal.

You should also review PayPal polcies for buyer protection (click on "legal agreements" below).  There is very little buyer protection for not as described; actually, it needs to rise to the level of "SIGNIFICANTLY not as described".  You need to provide very specific documentation.  If you win you need to pay for returnshipping with tracking and get refunded for product cost ony.  There are risks to buying online and you need make sure the seller is reputable; PayPal does not do that for you.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

buyer protection is good for 180 days.

how long ago did you buy the item?

Login to Me Too

Adnamanave
Contributor
Contributor
The item was bought October 20th as a Christmas gift. There was no option to add photos when I opened the dispute. The item is defective so I should have not been denied some kind of chance to provide proof and come to an agreement. The item was on the vehicle just over 2 months before the defect started. The seller now has decreased the price by 40% after my complaint.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you have used y our credit card,then file chargeback with your cc issuer,explain that it is not chrome and show some pictures.

you may not have to return the item,do it before 180 days is up 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

did you file item not received or item not as described?

if you cant upload picture,it is item not received?

There is no item significant ly not as described any more,it is all item not as described and robot come in and make the seller accept the return. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.