How to switch back to Paypal's "Classic View" home page?

SnowedInn
New Community Member

Where is the switch back to classic view?  It's not on my summary page?

Login to Me Too
40 REPLIES 40

StickJacket
Contributor
Contributor

The classic view is easy to read and navigate.  The new look is pretty but not friendly.  Serious work is still done at a desk and on a computer/PC.  Give me a call if you would like some friendly suggestions on improvement that would make my life on PayPal easier.  How about giving me an option to print the order and packing list from the overview screen.  How about options to export order information from the overview screen.

Login to Me Too

Shan777

For now, PayPal is allowing a "switch back" link either at the left-hand bottom, or at the top, but I suspect it will not be lasting long.

So tired of PayPal forcing the new layout.  For merchants, the classic view is much expedient and easy to read.  Paypal is hurting our business by forcing issues on us like control freaks.  They say it will improve business, are they serious?  I don't understand why they ask for opinons when they have intention of doing it their way; like our opinions will count?  I'm presently looking into alternatives.  Paypal must think they're so superior that they can handle customers as they want and arrogantly thinking perhaps, "Well, they'll have to acclimate because there are no better solutions for them, so it's a win-win for us".  Really PayPal?  You are that prideful and arrogant to think that you're so special in your services?  Have you read ALL the complaints about what you're doing lately?  There are alternatives. 

Some company, elsewhere, is going to sweep you right out the door by looking at all the mistakes you're doing.  Watch and learn.  Now, if you want to be ignorant and spiteful and say, "Well, what can they do..", or, start checking on every account because you don't like the attitudes of your customers, now you're the ones that can't be trusted.  I would personally advise every customer to steer away from PayPal if they have that kind of attitude. 

P.S.  By the way, look at all the views this particular thread is receiving.  Obviously a lot of people trying to find an answer to switch back to the Classic view.  Don't those numbers tell you anything?  Food for thought.

Customers don't give a rat's **bleep** what you prefer Paypal in your website layout.  Merchant customers want to have a BETTER experience with THEIR clients, and you seem to be making it VERY hard on your customers, especially when you're reaping fees off the merchant.  This doesn't compute to anyone.

The merchant should at least have the right to keep the Classic view if it helps them to better deal with their merchant clients.  This is business; a whole different ball game.

You've already messed with the personal accounts of your clients not allowing them to switch back to Classic view, but now you're messing with business merchants where you get most of your fees.  Not a smart move PayPal.

EDT:  By the way, look at the numbers indicative to this post.  Don't these numbers tell you anything in showing how many people are wanting to find an answer to keep the Classic view?  Food for thought.

Login to Me Too

ShopLink
Contributor
Contributor

Make "Classic View" a choice, dont force me to select it each time.

If I though the new view was better I would use it but it is worse.

Respond to your clients please.

Login to Me Too

Blackkat2
New Community Member

Worst decision EVER Paypal!  Classic is so easy to navigate and use.  This NEW piece of garbage is just that - Garbage! My Gma used to say - if it isn't broke, why try to fix it!  This is NOT a fix....I absolutely hate the NEW Paypal...cannot find anything I need without having to go to numerous pages...CLASSIC has it all one ONE darn page!  Leave it alone or at least let those of us who want to use Classic, continue to use it!

Login to Me Too

JACOINS
New Community Member

How do I get back to Paypal Classic?  I asked Paypal "Customer Support" and they replied with something that totally unrealeed to   the question asked. 

New Paypal appears to have been put together by a web site designer who never used Paypal, at least in a business setting. Lots of "Gee Whiz" but almost useless.   It lacks major features, such as archieve and is S-L-O-W.  It is a poorly designed piece of **** .

Does anyone have a good alternative to Paypal to suggets?

Login to Me Too

bricksrkids
New Community Member

Does PayPal listen?

I've been a PayPal user since 1999 and use it every day, several times a day, for my business. There is NO WAY they asked business owners if this new look will work OK. It is terrible. I can't see what's been shipped, or what needs to be shipped quickly enough. I'm too busy to open every transaction.

This new look loads very slow.

This new look is not user friendly.

How do I switch it back?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

SkyTab
Contributor
Contributor

I agree, the new layout is horrible.  I have been using PayPal since 1999 and this is the worst it has every been.  Not everyone runs their business on an ipad for christ.  I have a dual 30" monitor setup on my PC and using this ne layout is a joke.  Please give us back the classic experience. . 

Login to Me Too

phranticness
Contributor
Contributor

I don't mind changes to the user interface if changes make using the site more efficient or if it adds features.   I think the new UI has potential but is currently in more of an alpha or beta phase and the "classic view" should remain available. 

I think the biggest issue is how it feels slower and generally unpolished.   When a UI has bugs its should remain in an opt out beta stage.  I would prefer a UI that's clean and lean, easy to understand....but very customisable.  Every user has different needs, offering customizable information on the summary page would be great, as it would on almost every page.

Issues/cons :

1. The new UI is generally slower in all the browsers I've tried it in.
  2. The new UI is slowest when opening links within the page, like any of the "Money" menu items
  3. The new UI has several dead end links or circular links that only reload the same page
  4. The new UI has accounts showing that don't exist or are mislabeled. 
  5. With a new UI I would expect more customization....please offer it

Features/pros :

1. The new UI has lots of potential. 
  2. The new invoices look great, professional
  3. The new UI has "your money" much better integrated than classic
  4. The new UI menu is generally logical and modern feeling

Login to Me Too

apollothethird
Contributor
Contributor

@phranticness wrote:

I don't mind changes to the user interface if changes make using the site more efficient or if it adds features.   I think the new UI has potential but is currently in more of an alpha or beta phase and the "classic view" should remain available. 

I think the biggest issue is how it feels slower and generally unpolished.   When a UI has bugs its should remain in an opt out beta stage.  I would prefer a UI that's clean and lean, easy to understand....but very customisable.  Every user has different needs, offering customizable information on the summary page would be great, as it would on almost every page.

Issues/cons :

1. The new UI is generally slower in all the browsers I've tried it in.
  2. The new UI is slowest when opening links within the page, like any of the "Money" menu items
  3. The new UI has several dead end links or circular links that only reload the same page
  4. The new UI has accounts showing that don't exist or are mislabeled. 
  5. With a new UI I would expect more customization....please offer it

Features/pros :

1. The new UI has lots of potential. 
  2. The new invoices look great, professional
  3. The new UI has "your money" much better integrated than classic
  4. The new UI menu is generally logical and modern feeling

When you mentioned the pros and cons you left out the most important con.  It's missing functionality.  The classic has a very easy way of reconciling your backup funding.  It had a feature that allowed you to see "All activity with balances".  It will show exactly how much was pulled from your backup funding on one page that also included everything else and anything else that was happening with your money... the exact status.

That missing functionality is not worth any of the pros you mentioned.  Loosing that functionality makes it very hard to know the real status of your money.

-- L. James

-- 

L. D. James

Login to Me Too

wooladdiction
New Community Member

I was preparing to start selling on ebay again so was updating all my accounts (I had moved). Now I see that classic view has been removed from options on paypal. How disappointing. This new method is so much more cumbersome. That and all the new garbage added on eBay makes me think it isnt worht my time or energy for the little bit of money I would be getting. So much less stressful to just take my items to Goodwill and donating them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.