How much longer than an hour will PayPal leave me on hold?

Insidapc

Are they hoping I will hang up? 

I had 860.00 deposited into my PayPal and transferred it to my debit card. (Same one I make purchases with, which is verified and on file). The PayPal screen told me the transfer would be complete in 30 minutes. More than an hour later, I made several purchases on Ebay (maybe 8-9 purchases). This morning, the $860.00 is no where to be found in my account, either at my bank, or on PayPal. I called this morning and was told it, "usually takes 30 min, but [they] were having technical difficulties and it could take up to 48 hours to complete the transfer". So, I go to my bank to deposit $1000 to protect myself from overdrafts (but had already got hit for $38.50). My bank tells me they have to place a 7 day hold on depositing my funds, because of the god**** overdraft PayPal caused. So now, myself and my 3 year old, have zero access to funds, our plans are ruined, my account is overdrafted $265,  overdraft-fees @$38.50 x 8 are about to hit my account. Not only this but my entire morning and NOW afternoon has been monopolized trying to resolve this. I am beyond disappointed in PayPal's service. (Glances down at phone). I have now been on hold for exactly 1:10:57... Over a GOD**** HOUR??? Wtf, PayPal? 

The ironic thing is, I'm listening to this automated bull**** while I'm on hold which recommends conacting sellers by phone if there's a problem because "usually things can be easily resolved with simple communication". And, all these people would have to do is call my bank and resolve this matter like adults. But no, no... Let's s*** on the customer and only protect the best interests of the corporation, right? What is that poor, peasant, customer going to do, right? He doesn't even have access to any money, right? False-advertising/misrepresentation that causes undue damages to an unsuspecting customer is totally fair, right? 

Now, 1:16:17... and counting. (Shakes head... Searches online for alternative money-transfer services). 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Insidapc

Follow-up...

Just got off the phone with "Lester". I think he said Emp ID# 91146 (It was the same guy, who just left me on hold for over an hour though). This time I'm told the transfer will take up to 72 hours. (After being told "48 hours", and "3-4 days", previously). And, that there is nothing PayPal can do about overdrafts they caused.

I informed them that my phone was recording our conversation, and again re-iterated my claim that they had falsely-advertised to me and even read the headline from one major-publication (there are several) which stated the max-time transfers would take is 30 min., which was confirmed when I made the transfer on my computer screen "the transfer will be complete in 30 minutes". ("Lester" now informed me that 30 min. was the "minimum-time transfers take".) Lol...

I also stated that the PayPal community forums were lit with people saying the same thing I am and that PayPal was engaing in an UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICE, costing their customers thousands, if not millions of dollars in overdraft-charges. I made sure "Lester" knew I was not directing any of this at him personally, and understood he was only following PayPal policy. (Although, I could have been wrong about that). I concluded the conversation by confirming with "Lester" that their stated position was that there was "nothing that could be done" after having me on the phone for over an hour and a half, that the transaction would take "up to 72 hours", and that "30 minutes is the minimum amount of time" money-transfers take... (THAT'S QUITE A BIT DIFFERENT THAN WHAT IS ADVERTISED TO THE PUBLIC). My entire morning and early afternoon has been monopolized by this. 

Very unhappy customer... And I'm just one (documentary film-maker) out of thousands.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.