Feedback about PayPal's Decision in NC

Roncz
New Community Member

Glad to see your company is taking a stand on the discriminatory practices in NC. Congratulations.

Login to Me Too
842 REPLIES 842

LHens
Contributor
Contributor
Agreed, this was my note to paypal: I want to close my account. I have trusted your company for 4 years. I've listened to your President on The Glenn Beck program and had great respect for him and the protection that paypal offers in safeguarding customer information, BUT I live in North Carolina! If your company cannot understand that HB2 is about protecting our citizens from perverts, NOT LGBTQ then how can you understand anything. HB2 was drafted and approved to prevent a City government from writing State law, it was not about LGBTQ. If it were allowed to take effect, a city government would have been allowed to change State law and this is a violation of our state constitution. The perverts that I referenced are not the LGBTQ community, the perverts are the ones that would take advantage of the new law to attack women and children in showers and bathrooms when they are most vulnerable. Since paypal does business in countries that kill gays and lesbians, your righteous indignation is senseless! I'm done with you!
Login to Me Too

SoLong

I believe that the goal of business is to offer products and services to its customers.  I do not believe that businesses should be involved in social engineering activities.

PayPal management's attempt to punish the citizens of North Carolina for wanting to protect their women and children from being exposed to perverted behaviors in public restrooms necessitates my need to cancel my PayPal accounts.  I have not been able to determine what process I need to follow in order to cancel my PayPal accounts.

Furthermore, I intend to cease business dealings with vendors and suppliers who offer PayPal solutions to their customers.

Please provide me with the process to follow to cancel my accounts.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SoLong

Paypal help top right of page > put in cancel account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LHens
Contributor
Contributor
This was my note to paypal, of course right now they won't let me close my account!! I want to close my account. I have trusted your company for 4 years. I've listened to your President on The Glenn Beck program and had great respect for him and the protection that paypal offers in safeguarding customer information, BUT I live in North Carolina! If your company cannot understand that HB2 is about protecting our citizens from perverts, NOT LGBTQ then how can you understand anything. HB2 was drafted and approved to prevent a City government from writing State law, it was not about LGBTQ. If it were allowed to take effect, a city government would have been allowed to change State law and this is a violation of our state constitution. The perverts that I referenced are not the LGBTQ community, the perverts are the ones that would take advantage of the new law to attack women and children in showers and bathrooms when they are most vulnerable. Since paypal does business in countries that kill gays and lesbians, your righteous indignation is senseless! I'm done with you!
Login to Me Too

SoLong

In addition to canceling my PayPal accounts, I am considering no longer having business dealings with suppliers and vendors who accept PayPal.  EBay and other suppliers need to cease accepting PayPal transactions or face the loss of my business.

Login to Me Too

SoLong

What discrimination?  The law does not discriminate against anyone.  It simply insures that the innocent are not exposed to perverts and their deviate sexual behaviors.

Login to Me Too

LHens
Contributor
Contributor
This is my response to paypal: I want to close my account. I have trusted your company for 4 years. I've listened to your President on The Glenn Beck program and had great respect for him and the protection that paypal offers in safeguarding customer information, BUT I live in North Carolina! If your company cannot understand that HB2 is about protecting our citizens from perverts, NOT LGBTQ then how can you understand anything. HB2 was drafted and approved to prevent a City government from writing State law, it was not about LGBTQ. If it were allowed to take effect, a city government would have been allowed to change State law and this is a violation of our state constitution. The perverts that I referenced are not the LGBTQ community, the perverts are the ones that would take advantage of the new law to attack women and children in showers and bathrooms when they are most vulnerable. Since paypal does business in countries that kill gays and lesbians, your righteous indignation is senseless! I'm done with you!
Login to Me Too

sickofitinmo

can't find where i can cancel my account. Heard about Paypals stance on the North Carolina bill, and I am not going to be using thier services anymore.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sickofitinmo

Paypal help top right of page and put in ''close account''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.