Feedback about PayPal's Decision in NC

Roncz
New Community Member

Glad to see your company is taking a stand on the discriminatory practices in NC. Congratulations.

Login to Me Too
842 REPLIES 842

Loweffa
I totally agree! I will find another avenue to use and quit this PC company
Login to Me Too

jesse2946
Contributor
Contributor

I must say that I agree with {almost} all the previous comments about your decision to insert yourselves into the lives of our community in North Carolina.  Obviously none of your people bothered to actually READ the law.   It actually was very much the wish of a LARGE majority of the people living here in North Carolina.  AND it was in NO WAY  discriminating against ANY portion of the population.  I have not decided as yet to close or keep my account but it appears that many others have already decided to do so.   I have several hundred friends on Facebook and I have been inundated by many of them with requests to close my account.  And for every one of my friends who have done so in each case they have asked those who chose to close their accounts to urge  ALL their friends to also leave Paypal.  The sheer multication of social media Facebook may mean that you will be seeing a large exodus of accounts from The state..  Again  I have been served well by Paypal and have every confidence and trust in you folks as a business partner, but am very dissapointed by your interjection into the political decisions that our elected officials, who represent the majority of the people in the state of North Carolina,have enacted for the people of our state.  {the bill doesn't require ANY  business to do anything with their bathrooms.  So if you have physical facilities and you wish your EMPLOYEES to have any kind of unrestricted use of your bathroom facilities, you are at liberty to do so.}

Login to Me Too

Denny33333

@jesse2946 wrote:

I must say that I agree with {almost} all the previous comments about your decision to insert yourselves into the lives of our community in North Carolina.  Obviously none of your people bothered to actually READ the law.   It actually was very much the wish of a LARGE majority of the people living here in North Carolina.  AND it was in NO WAY  discriminating against ANY portion of the population.  I have not decided as yet to close or keep my account but it appears that many others have already decided to do so.   I have several hundred friends on Facebook and I have been inundated by many of them with requests to close my account.  And for every one of my friends who have done so in each case they have asked those who chose to close their accounts to urge  ALL their friends to also leave Paypal.  The sheer multication of social media Facebook may mean that you will be seeing a large exodus of accounts from The state..  Again  I have been served well by Paypal and have every confidence and trust in you folks as a business partner, but am very dissapointed by your interjection into the political decisions that our elected officials, who represent the majority of the people in the state of North Carolina,have enacted for the people of our state.  {the bill doesn't require ANY  business to do anything with their bathrooms.  So if you have physical facilities and you wish your EMPLOYEES to have any kind of unrestricted use of your bathroom facilities, you are at liberty to do so.}

NC is not alone,  Also doing the same  here in WI - looking for alternate pay methods and NOT using PayPal till they BUTT OUT of pushing this twisted agenda on ANY state!

Login to Me Too

DonQ
Contributor
Contributor

Good Response!  I just hope Pay Pal's Management reads yours.

Login to Me Too

rbwink
New Community Member

Due to PayPal's recent decision to not extend their business to NC, please consider this my notice that my account will be cancelled with you.  Obviously, your legal team did not advise you properly on what the actual bill states.  It is not an "anti-gay" bill.  It simply provides common sense privacy to our citizens.  By no means does it promote discrimination.   NC will not be bullied.  

Because of your decision to not extend your future business interest to our great state, my Paypal account will be closed.  We will choose to not support your business as well.  

Most respectively!

@dar15 wrote:

I wanted Paypal to know that I am very disapointed in their decision to pull out of NC because of their LGBT bathroom law. 

It is sad when the opionions of others who have rightful concerns are ignored. I felt this was just a common sense law and not discriminating in any way.  I have been a member of Paypal since 2004, but I will be discussing closing our Paypal account with my husband tonight.  Obviously Paypal was not worried about anyone with the views I have or whether we would stay Paypal customers.

Login to Me Too

AppMan717

I am cancelling my Pay Pal account over the decision to pull out of NC.  I am also urging everyone I know to do the same.  This is a common sense law which has been distorted and blown completely out of context by the radical left wing and national news media.  As a lifelong resident of North Carolina I am proud Governor McCrory and the NC State Legislature has taken a stand for common decency and refused to be bullied or intimidated by non residents of our great state.  People who consider themselves to be transgender make up .3% of the nation's population, yet expect the 99.7% to bow down to their demands.  It's past time this madness was brought to a stop and I'm pleased to reside in a state that has said enough is enough.

Login to Me Too

AccountClosed

Another account being closed because PayPal thinks it's ok for common sense to be called discrimination. Use the room that matches the equipment. It's not ok to force yourself or your junk on others based on how you "feel" when you wake up in the morning.

Login to Me Too

flyinldy

Congressman Robert Pittenger made a great point yesterday: “PayPal does business in 25 countries where homosexual behavior is illegal, including 5 countries where the penalty is death, yet they objec...t to the North Carolina legislature overturning a misguided ordinance about letting men in to the women’s bathroom? Perhaps PayPal would like to try and clarify this seemingly very hypocritical position.”

@AppMan717 wrote:

I am cancelling my Pay Pal account over the decision to pull out of NC.  I am also urging everyone I know to do the same.  This is a common sense law which has been distorted and blown completely out of context by the radical left wing and national news media.  As a lifelong resident of North Carolina I am proud Governor McCrory and the NC State Legislature has taken a stand for common decency and refused to be bullied or intimidated by non residents of our great state.  People who consider themselves to be transgender make up .3% of the nation's population, yet expect the 99.7% to bow down to their demands.  It's past time this madness was brought to a stop and I'm pleased to reside in a state that has said enough is enough.

Login to Me Too

bad2000
I will be cancelling my PayPal account, as well.
Login to Me Too

MichaelMH
Contributor
Contributor

I too am deciding to close my PayPal account as soon as a small balance that I have with Paypal credit is paid in full. It will be an inconvenience yes, but not as inconvenient as worrying whether or not one of my children will be exposed to the anatomy of an adult person of the opposite **bleep** in a public facility - where my children should be allowed privacy and dignity. Or my wife or myself for that matter. I guess common sense and societal norms have gone the way of the Dodo bird.

I wonder if PayPal ever really considered whether the greater monetary loss would come from a small minority special-interest percentage of the population, or from the much greater percentage of it that does not accept having our rights trumped by those that believe they have "special" rights. Who do you think represents the larger portion, the LGBT community and advocates or the Christian and socially-conservative minded? Last I checked the transgender community was about 0.05% of the population. Even acknowledging that the total LGBT community is larger than that I still don't see fiscal sense in PayPal's decision. But it is your business to thrive or fail, but not with my money. And I will try to influence other like-minded people as opportunity presents itself.

And this is not a bigoted post from one who indulges in "hate" speech as I'm sure the charge will be raised from some far corner of leftist America. No, I believe in treating everyone with dignity and respect in spite of our moral, ethical and/or political differences. But I must take a stand when common sense is discarded, and the bullying of the majority of the populace is taking place by masked corporate crusaders holding politicians hostage by trying to exert influence they have no right to. If only PayPal cared about the individual rights of Christians, Muslims, and others of faith as they do the LGBT community. And to think, in spite of what some would want us to think, this nation was founded on the principle that someone's right to exercise their religion was not to be interfered with. We are a shadow of what we were intended to be.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.