Feedback about PayPal Here

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

While the general release of this product has not yet begun, some of the members who are participating in our limited initial release have valuable feedback that can help us improve the product.

Questions about the product and troubleshooting requests should be posted in the PayPal Here Questions and Troubleshooting thread in the Help Forum.

Thank you for your participation! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
379 REPLIES 379

StaceyF
Contributor
Contributor
I'm not surprised that you were on hold that long! I have been on hold for an hour today and this isn't the first time. Literally! Way to go Paypal. You're killing it today with customer service! Yeah...NOT!
Login to Me Too

bob21

IBe VERY careful using Paypal for foregin goods. I got ripped off and paypal was NO HELP! Paypal let the merchant keep my mony AND the item that I returned! BE VERY CAREFUL USING PAYPAL FOR ANYTHING!

Login to Me Too

jgardebled
Contributor
Contributor

I have a similar story.  A guy from Japan purchased a Japanese coin for $200.  I followed all the instructions for mailing to foreign countries.  The guy claimed he didn't received it and so Paypal took out the money and I never got the coin back.  Horror stories concerning shipping overseas.  So i don't anymore.

Login to Me Too

Sfigueroa5
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Olivia, I've been following this thread for a few days. I picked up two Acer Iconia A200 tablets for my business and I got my Paypal Here device in the mail. The A200 asked me to update and I did like an idiot on both. Now the tablets don't show Paypal Here available and I can't download them.

The app works fine on my HTC Evo with Android 2.3.5. But now, I can't use it on my tablets, which is why I purchase them in the first place.

Please tell me you guys are releasing an ICS Compatible update. It's critical to how I will move forward with accepting payments from clients.

I appreciate your time as I know you guys are busy. I wrote a small comparison on one of my sites since I got to do a side by side and I have to say, I like the size of your device better. http://www.infosack.com/1/post/2012/06/war-of-the-swipers-paypal-here-vs-square.html

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Sfigueroa5,

Thank you very much for your feedback! I've merged it to this thread where feedback is being collected. The feedback we receive will be helpful as we consider improvements to the product.

While there's nothing new to report right now, keep an eye on The PayPal Blog, The PayPal Here site, and The PayPal Community Forums for updates.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

srosenc
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a very exxpensive photo album from germany. The item never arrived, I started a claim and lost it, because the seller provided a tracking number. I had requested express shipping, he shipped by packet post. USPS page shows the package has not been delivered, the resolution says case closed because item was delivered!!!. And the paypal agreement states that items over 750 need delivery confirmation signature, which does not exist. Costumer service does not answer, I get a recording asking questions and then it either cuts off or just doesnt answer again. Since there seems to be many users in similar situation, specially in purchases from other countries, what can we do to get our money back?

Login to Me Too

Dumaine
Contributor
Contributor

Well it does not look like the Samsung Admire (SCH-R720) is ever going to be compatitable so I will be forced to purchase another phone to use a service that I want (need) badly. Problem is....I sure would hate to go out and purchase a phone only to find out that it too is not compatitable. Also looks like no phone from Metropcs is compatitable, so now I have to change phone companies as well.  Kind of stuck tween a rock and a hard place here!!

Login to Me Too

OscarSr
Contributor
Contributor
I KNOW I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT VENDOR YOU WENT TO ?? I WANT A CARD READER TOO, BUT I WANT ONE THAT WORKS, I OWN A STORE MYSELF nd I can't afford to buy the machine I need in order to be able to accept plastic, I think if ALL OF US, THAT'S BEEN DENIED A CREDIT CARD BUT STILL WANT BETTER ACCESS TO OUR MONEY, SO let's ask PAY PAL TO BE OUR PAL THAT WE KNOW WE CAN TRUST TO HAVE OUR BEST INTERESTS IN MIND AND SHOW US ALL THAT YOU REALLY ARE OUR PAL, AND IF NOT CHANGE YOUR NAME FROM PayPal to we will pay who wants to pay us to use yourPal money, how's that PayPal change name to PayPail, PayPail because if our money is in a pail, and whoever wants our money has to pay PAYPAIL RIGHT NOT PayPal you are only Interested in maki.g PAYPALS POCKET FULL, TAKE FRPM THE POOR AND
Login to Me Too

nick_ask
Contributor
Contributor

Why i contact to Paypal, but never hear any reply

I'm wait long time

Login to Me Too

TTG-Matt
New Community Member

This topic seems incredibly light..  Maybe it should be a sticky??

Anyway..  I was selected to use Here, and as a mobile business owner who also uses Square and GoPayment, I have to say Here seems to be the most refined of the three.  I love that I can create an item list (without requiring a tablet).  But there are a couple things that  would be absolutely ideal for my business and probably many others as well..

First, I am located in Kansas, a state that has county and local sales tax rates that must be charged based on the location the service is performed, not the business location (basically the tax % changes town by town).   Right now (unless I'm missing something) it seems that even if you set multiple rates in the Settings > Tax menu, the tax is attached to each particular item.  This is not helpful in my business, because I have to be able to change the tax on the entire order based on location - having to go through and modify every item on an invoice is incredibly tedious. 

I propose that you have the option of having a list of tax rates which can be applied to an entire order.  Then there should be a 'Nontaxable' flag and an 'Override Rate' that can be attached to individual items if needed.

Second, the item list feature is fantastic, but it would be even better if you were able to have categories for your items.  That would make creating receipts/invoices much easier.  It would also be nice if we could change the order of items in the lists.

Third,  the "Calculator" feature is nice, and its 'Add to Total' button works for charging my hourly fees, but again it is a bit counterintuitive when I have to go to the bottom of the list, edit the title, and change the tax rate.  I would like to see a 'Labor' button where you enter the labor rate in Settings, and then the button asks how many hours (with two decimal places) and adds it as an itemized line.  If that is too much to ask, maybe just allow two decimal places (and numbers less than 1) in item quantities.  This would allow us to simply make a list entry that works for labor.

That's all I have for now..  Hope it helps!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.