Feedback about PayPal Here

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

While the general release of this product has not yet begun, some of the members who are participating in our limited initial release have valuable feedback that can help us improve the product.

Questions about the product and troubleshooting requests should be posted in the PayPal Here Questions and Troubleshooting thread in the Help Forum.

Thank you for your participation! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
379 REPLIES 379

Rockdaddy22
New Community Member
Get an I phone, RIM is a dying company. I hope PayPal is smart enough to stay away from Blacberry.
Login to Me Too

temp20161216a
Contributor
Contributor

they will if they see anyone or any user sellingor buying consider your self and account to be suspisous and get ready for the You better Pay  ..PAL  hammer ..known as  LIMITED ACCOUNT. or better known as fluffing the Money coffers kinda like ENRON .

Login to Me Too

DenverACM
Contributor
Contributor

Unacceptable. This was a Marketing Decision, and a very, very, very poor decision.  Do not tout the horn for the new service when it's not available and there is no schedule of availability. If you need Beta testers, make that clear with the announcement. Do not announce when you do not have the product available. All it does is annoy your customer base.

It's now past Spring 2012 and since I do not have PayPal hardware, I'm going with another service. Altho I'll keep the PayPal account as it exists now, any mobile credit card operations will be with another vendor.

Of course PayPal (and eBay) is so large that no one will notice. But you've annoyed a long-time customer.

Login to Me Too

DenverACM
Contributor
Contributor

Well, it's Spring 2012. In fact, it's been Spring 2012 for 4 weeks and no sign of the card reader. With all the hoopla you would expect a company as tech-savvy as PayPal would have everything in place when announced.

Anyone notice the software's been updated quite a few times? What's the point of software without the hardware?

Login to Me Too

OscarSr
Contributor
Contributor
I KNOW I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT VENDOR YOU WENT TO ?? I WANT A CARD READER TOO, BUT I WANT ONE THAT WORKS, I OWN A STORE MYSELF nd I can't afford to buy the machine I need in order to be able to accept plastic, I think if ALL OF US, THAT'S BEEN DENIED A CREDIT CARD BUT STILL WANT BETTER ACCESS TO OUR MONEY, SO let's ask PAY PAL TO BE OUR PAL THAT WE KNOW WE CAN TRUST TO HAVE OUR BEST INTERESTS IN MIND AND SHOW US ALL THAT YOU REALLY ARE OUR PAL, AND IF NOT CHANGE YOUR NAME FROM PayPal to we will pay who wants to pay us to use yourPal money, how's that PayPal change name to PayPail, PayPail because if our money is in a pail, and whoever wants our money has to pay PAYPAIL RIGHT NOT PayPal you are only Interested in maki.g PAYPALS POCKET FULL, TAKE FROM THE POOR AND give to PayPal
Login to Me Too

spiroco

How to buy goods on EBAY & keep the items for free !! Edit March 8, 2014 1 0 This is your own Guide Report Share: How to buy goods on EBAY & keep the items for free, and as a bonus get your money back and have PAYPAL charge you fees for getting legally robbed on their service portal!!! IT IS CALLED A CHARGEBACK A charge back occurs when a buyer asks their credit card company to remove a charge from their credit card statement. The credit card company then ask the buyer why they are disputing the charge. The common reasons for reversals / chargebacks are: a credit card number is stolen and used fraudulently a buyer makes a purchase, but believes the seller failed to fulfull their side of the agreement (i.e. did not ship the item; ship an item that was very far from the sellers description; the item was damaged when it was received). I have been using Eay and Paypal for 10+ years. I have 700 plus transactions with 1 bad feedback. I mostly have had no problems. Then at the end of October 2013, I sold 12 Polycom IP Phones on Ebay. Sale was successful all customer were happy. One buyer, bought and paid for 2 of those phones. I collected the money and it was a happy day. **removed**, purchased the 2 iP Phones from me. Total paid to me was $165. Months passed and he contacted me with technical problems. I tried to help and after numerous emails I offered to sell the phones again and refund his money. He agreed and then I waited for him to return the phones. After weeks passed he emailed me and said to never mind all was OK. Then I found out that PAYPAL took the sales proceeds back from my PAYPAL Account. I protested and called EBAY who verified that the buyer tried to dispute the sales transaction. EBAY sided with me and denied the buyers claims, and then I thought the case to be closed. LESSON #1 - NEVER LEAVE ANY MONEY IN YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT OR TO HAVE ANY BANK ACCOUNT TIED TO PAYPAL. JUST USE A CHASE CREDIT CREDIT AS THEY ARE CONSUMER ADVOCATES. See reviews here as to what other card experiences exist on Paypal. **removed** who knew this Lesson #1, called his credit card company and claimed that he was defrauded by Ebay/Paypal. His fine credit card company then gave him a credit for $165. Which caused Paypal to reach into my bank account and take $165 back from me. In addition, Paypal did not only steal the monies from my account, they charged a $25 fee for the whole indignation. LESSON #2 - ALWAYS CHECK THE SNEAKY WEASLES AND WHAT THEY DO WITH EXTRA FEES. THEY CHARGED ME A FEE FOR THE BUYER STEALING THE GOODS AND GETTING HIS MONEY BACK. When I called Ebay they knew nothing, saw nothing, heard nothing, and that I never filed a claim then sorry not our problem. I said that I had no problems until Paypal took the money. And they said sorry I hear nothing & know nothing. Well that Ebay owns Paypal and that they knew this Abbo guy essentially stole the goods and kept both the goods and money is hard to comprehend. LESSON # 3 - Always contact EBAY on any trivial question or first hint that the buyer is having a problem. Open a case and make sure you document the whole process even if there is not a real problem. I can't say if this would have helped but I was told by Ebay it MIGHT HAVE MADE A BIG DIFFERENCE. I hate paper work but seller beware keep on top of any minor question/dispute that can accelerate to a reversal of charges. I am sure this raises costs at Ebay but so be it to safeguard yourself. Finally the support and customer service bots employed at Paypal. WOW what I can say about them. Not one of them was in America. Not one of them deviated from a written script. And all of them were telling me whatever they could as long as they mentioned it was not their fault, they had no control over the process, they had no complicity in the mess, and they had no way to financially stand by their services, and that they are fighting mad this occurred. Well this proves my title point that if you want to double your money do what this **removed** guy did, get their money back and then keep the goods. How does a 50 billion dollar enterprise like Ebay /Paypal not have any means to keep a 10 year veteran of their services happy. I since have began to buy the bulk of my goods from Amazon which has so far been a great experience and their customer support is in America. And I am beginning to sell items on their service portal. SO I cannot make Ebay Paypal do what is right so I can only switch to alternative service portals to fulfill my high demand to sell and buy goods. To close I have been out the money since October/Nov 2013. They claim that this process can take up to 4 months while Paypal fights fight fights for my money that was clearly stolen. Over 3 weeks ago I called Paypal and escalated the call to a supervisor, I was told that **removed** claimed he returned the goods to me but had a problem with verifying this with a return receipt or tracking number. Paypal Supervisor said that this meant that I would within 5 business days get a resolution of this. And probably win the case. LESSON #4 PAYPAL SUPERVISORS ARE FULL OF CRAP - I called since and got a manager who said that was not the case. SO AS I DO... RECORD ALL YOUR CONVERSATIONS WITH EBAY/PAYPAL. If you have a brother in law who is a lawyer you will need to have all the evidence you need to pursue legal action. Check your local laws on recording calls. SUMMARY Send all your parcels by recorded delivery or Signed ...its the only way you can defend yourself and prove a parcel was delivered...otherwise you are open to credit card fraud by buyers using the chargeback facility. Keep all your records of the recorded delivery. Keep all photos of items for up to 6 months (period that a chargeback can be made) As soon as paypal inform you of the CB, immediately gather the information and send it. Use their special fax facility, and add extra evidence by using their special upload links. Be clear, concise and ensure you give as much evidence as possible....even links to any +feedback or emails from buyers I have done all these things as I have listed and I still have been cleverly beat out of $165 and that the buyer has kept the goods is highway robbery. It is very disappointing this can be legal and the guy is getting away with it. So beware of this legal scheme of being robber on EBAY & PAYPAL. But you have to admit the ability of PAYAL to get away with this whole process and then charge you $25 FEE for the pleasure of being rammed is beyond the pale...Wall Street right here on Ebay.

Login to Me Too

zauchb
Contributor
Contributor

Are we gonna get a date soon or even a time period when i could be debuted cause i really am looking forware to this and could relly use it with my business.

Login to Me Too

DenverACM
Contributor
Contributor

I agree entirely. There's absolutely no reason to provide software when there is no hardware. It's now 2 months since the PayPal Here announcement. Adding to the annoyance, there was no mention that the original deployment was for "select group to beta test".  If you're going to beta test, don't announce to the world.

We are Your customers. Don't forget that. PayPal & eBay only makes money when we make money.

And we all know this posting will be moved and no one other than PayPal will see it.

Login to Me Too

AmikaPress
Contributor
Contributor

Ack! My boss just tasked me with researching on-site card reading options. I don't want an old cruddy cha-chunk machine, and while Square sounds just dandy, I'm already with PayPal. (Thanks brand loyalty!) Get this sucker out there soon, please!

Login to Me Too

NoCurs
Contributor
Contributor

I would just like to say that I spent 55 minutes on the phone this AM after 3 days of emailing - my phone ran out of power, I used up a lot of minutes, and none of the geniuses at paypal can do either simple thing: activate my new debit card, delete an old, old account.

THE WORST customer service, I do believe in 53 years of age I have ever  seen.  Transfer after transfer, no one I'm transfered to has any idea what is going on, then it is "not handled by that department" (thanks for transfering me there).

I will certainly be looking into alternatives to this company.  Wow.  I would think activating a card they sent out or deleting an old account would be rather simple.  Seems not for the folks at paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.