extra fee seller has to pay

justmythought
Contributor
Contributor

I was reviewing my fees and noticed that some were more than the .029% +.30 cents. I was told this was because the buyers payment was made from out of the country. First let me say these were sales through eBay and that I only ship to a confirmed address in the 48 United States, I do not ship anywhere else because I don't want to deal with the extra hassle or costs.

I was told even though the shipping was in the US the seller is charged more because payment came from another country. I believe this is a very unfair practice since there is no way for the seller to know the payment is coming from out of the country when it is being shipped to a destination in the US. When this kind of transaction occurs the extra costs should be charged to the buyer not the seller. Now don't get me wrong, if I knew I was going to ship outside the U.S. I would understand  extra charges, but would also know about them beforehand. The buyers that are doing this, do so purposely to lower their shipping costs. I shouild not have to pay extra fees or a currency exchange when I don't expect them.  PayPal should seriously look into this unfair practice and change it so that when buyers do this they are responsible for the cost..

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.