Why can't PayPal make it easier to get my money?

Limpingzombi
Contributor
Contributor
First and foremost, customer service is horrible and contradicted themselves several times. I have seen this problem is very pervasive throughout the forums. I want to be able to use my PayPal account to make purchases at brick and mortar stores today. I need to use PayPal because of an emergency. I can't wait for a transfer, a paper check, or a PayPal debit card to come in the mail. Why is this still so hard to achieve, PayPal? I transferred some funds last night, and it is still "pending". I know paypal uses ACH to transfer funds, but ACH batch requests are done at least daily, and for something as big as PayPal, multiple times a day. Called customer service. Half hour wait just to speak to someone. Finally got someone and they told me it takes 3-5 business days for the transfer from PayPal to my checking account to clear. I asked why does that take so long, and they said it's my banks fault. I then asked about the transfer still being listed as "pending", because that means PayPal hasn't released the payment yet. Nothing to do with my bank, but I was told to contact then anyway. Through the course of conversation, customer service contradicted themselves and admitted they have to send a request to the bank. I asked if they could expedite that. First they said yes, then they said no. I asked why and they said that requests aren't sent individually, but in batches (again contradicting the fact they said it's not up to PayPal to make the request). I asked if it could be expedited to the next batch. They said yes and I would get an email confirmation. That was 7 hours ago, no word yet, transfer still pending. Contacted my bank anyway, and was told there has not been any request by PayPal or anyone else to transfer money over. Amazing how PayPal can almost instantly get a balance in, but can't transfer it out in the same amount of time. It is so obvious they are floating, just keeping the money in their account to make money off of interest. Shame on you PayPal. This has been talked about for literally years on here, and you have done nothing to change it. Don't even get me started on the fact that your website says I can link a debut card of my own, whether it be visa, MC or whatever, but when I asked customer service they said I needed a PayPal card. I literally read to them off of your website, and all they could do is stumble over their own word and give me an obvious, nonsensical explanation. Get your act together.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Limpingzombi

If you want someone to read this then paragraphs may help.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Limpingzombi
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah, I had made paragraphs, don't know why I lost the formatting. First time poster
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal does make it easy to get money.

Was there a specific issue?

Login to Me Too

Mochabean
New Community Member

They are holding our money and getting interest in it, and also charging us to use their services...I'm done with them

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.