New interface sucks. Old one wasn't great either.

BenConcerned
New Community Member

Hey, where did all of the usability go? Right out the door with readability. I have to scroll for a weeek to get through one days transactions. The design looks stupid, just sayin'... I know it is a subjective aesthetic choice, probably driven by tablets and phones, but it is ok to have a desktop site with more functionality., It was wrong choice from a usability/readability standpoint. It is harder to get to the things that I need to manage and see in a timely fashion. The last thing I need is for your website to take up more of my time.

You still haven't added any features to make it easier to search through debit card transactions.

you can't search for a term that actually appears in the transaction description, because there is no way to select that field in the search dialog. Please, full text search. You can do it. Google can help.

On a 1920 x 1080 screen i can see a whole 8 transactions.and then I have to hit the more button and scroll and scroll and scroll and scroll................ etc.

Concerning Paypal debit card credit transactions - it would be nice to see the authorizations and debits nested together after the transaction was completed. The current approach that shows two or more entries for each transaction is confusing at  best, and because you have reduced the number of transactions that are easily viewable, it would be even more efficacious to reduce the clutter.

You also made it more difficult to give feedback.

In the old days of the web( like 2 months ago), you could build a site that was aware of the screen real estate available and dynamically adjust itself to use that space effectively. Today that is even easier to do but you have reduced your site to some weird playschool version of itself. I'm sure the design team that was forced to create it hates the corporate overlords who haven't got a clue and are forcing this crap down the throats of its users. So far, I can only see it driving people away from the service. Make it a little bit worse and I will start a competitor just so I can get full text search of my transactions. I mean, seriously, I have been asking for that for probably close to ten years.

I have tried to use strong language wihile refraining from the use profanity to get my point across. 

Please don't make me feel I need to stop refraining.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Don't waste your time here - this is a member to member help group.  Most of us are online business owners who volunteer to help out where possible.  If your serious about making a difference and want help the rest of us who are not exactly happy - then use the social media options - there's Twitter @AskPayPal or via Private Message on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Login to Me Too

iabarry
New Community Member

Agreed - the new interface sucks.  The old HISTORY page was so useful.  The new Transaction page uses big font (unnecessary) and 2 lines per item plus tons of meaningless white space.  This is NOT about pretty, it is about useability!

Useabiltiy is now HORRIBLE!!!

At elast allow an option to revert to the old interface, then see how many folks take the new one and how many revert.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.