Bugs/glitches I found; with 2 possible fixes (For Paypal technical team mostly)

bookwormie
New Community Member

I'd like to report a bug that has driven me "bonkers" trying to figure it out, and probably has caused many calls to customer service from other users like me.

I was trying to add another email address to my account and make it my primary email, but my confirmation emails to confirm the new email address seemed to be weird and not have the right information. The very first email told me I needed to confirm my email...but I didn't see a link. And the following re-sent emails to confirm my email address only had a single line of text: "PayPal PPC000372:" followed by a combination of 13 lowercase letters and numbers after the last colon. (I think 13 for all of them. I re-sent the confirmation emails about 6 times, and all the re-sends were the same amount of characters, although they weren't the same letter/number combinations).

Anyways, here is the part I think that you need to know; just out of curiosity, I double-checked the very first confirmation email I received, the one that had the text telling me I needed to confirm my email address (with no actual link to confirm it...or at least I THOUGHT). I hovered my mouse over the white space underneath the words: "Once that's done, you're ready to receive money." When I hovered my mouse over the area, I was surprised to find that it turned into a "hand." I clicked, and behold...it went to the confirmation page.

So the lesson here is, I think you guys accidentally used a "white" color link in your email, which I think was a possibly bad move.... The email is white too, so I couldn't see the white link. Maybe you guys could change the link to a different color? Even if there was supposed to be a picture behind it, I think it may be possibly bad because...what if the picture doesn't show up in some email programs...?

Anyways, just wanted to make sure you knew this.

One last bug is..... I have a security key, and the first couple of times I tried to confirm my email after entering my password after clicking the email confirmation link, it took me to a page to confirm my security key. There wouldn't be any problem with this, but...the page asked me to confirm my security key with the actual physical device. I don't have the physical device. My security key is only the online version where I use my phone.

So I had to go back to my account, turn off my security key, and re-click the confirmation link in my email in order to confirm it. Thankfully the confirmation email worked even after clicking it a few times. This security key glitch could maybe be fixed by making it so the system for email confirmation recognizes when someone has a physical security key versus just a mobile phone key?

So I hope this is helpful. Fixing these bugs/glitches might save you guys a lot of extra customer calls (I had even tried to call about the confirmation thing.) Anyways, thank you and goodbye!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.