Current Bill Me Later reviews??

krl109
Contributor
Contributor

So I'm thinking about trying Bill Me Later for some future purchases, but feel that I need some second opinions before making the decision. I've seen some posts about cases where customer service is incompetent to resolve problems, account linking problems, checkout problems, not recieving the promotions, etc. Where does BML stand today?? Has the feature improved lately?? Or is it still having problems?? 

Also, are there extra fees that you pay when making the monthly payments on what you buy? Or any other hidden things??

And since it's my first time using a credit line type of system, what are the basic things to understand about them?? Like APR and interest rates and what not.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
93 REPLIES 93

atomicoctopus
Contributor
Contributor
How do I even he it to work? It refuses to show up on my opinion account?
Login to Me Too

superly
New Community Member
  1. Bill me later is an ok place to do business I have not had any problems until now. I have been with them for over seven years and the other day I made a purchase that took my account over the limit by four dollars and they declined the purchase. They say they don't have credit limit they have credit lines. No matter what you call it or how you wrap it its a credit limit. I have never missed a payment and have never been late on a payment and they declined the purchase for four dollars. I have now called them and told them not to allow any futher purchases on my account and to close the account. I will not ever use them again although I have to admit I was happy with the service I recieved rior to this issue.
Login to Me Too

nnaalemap
New Community Member

To the Pay Pal Employee who responded to this post about Bill Me Later:  You say that Bill Me Later has a number of ways to pay them - WRONG!!!  Bill Me Later ONLY accepts money from a checking account or savings account - no matter how you look at it, that is the ONLY way to pay them.  You are NOT allowed to pay with your PayPal account, unless you have extra CASH laying around in the account.  I am not a seller on eBay, I am a buyer.  As such, I never have "Money" in my PayPal account. The only reason I HAVE a PayPal account is to PAY for things with it, meaning that I can safely use my credit cards to pay for things.  But I can't pay BILL ME LATER with my Pay Pal account by choosing an option for payment, unless it is with my CHECKING ACCOUNT!  I HAVE to pay Bill Me Later with the cash in my checking account.  NOT COOL.  I will not ever use Bill Me Later again for that reason.  VERY INCONVENIENT.

Login to Me Too

Pcactive

The Paypal lady that replied said exactly what you said she was  wrong about.  She said that your paypal  acct has to be tied to a banking acct  to pay through paypal.  How is she wrong?   They are trying to protect you from high interest  if you really should not be making a purchase you have really have  no way to pay for  before  the interest kick in.  

It is a good deal for people who have a  consistent balance in their bank account that can handle temporary credit for big ticket items that can be paid back over 6 mo period.  If you do  not fall in that catagory, then not meant for you.  Does not bean it is a scam. 

Login to Me Too

AlWirick

You ought to check out my negative experience I am considering ditching bill me later as well as all of PayPal due to the nontransparent way bill me later works BTW since your Bill me Later cannot be used to pay reoccurring monthly bills regardless of settings please see my balance is refunded immediately.

Login to Me Too

LindaStantonFre
Contributor
Contributor

@chuckd2003 wrote:
Don't! I think they make it difficult to pay your balance on purpose. I used it once on accident to pay $5.00. Has been a pain in the a$$ trying to give them my money. Apparently you can't pay using a paypal balance either... strange

The term is "by accident", not "on accident".

Login to Me Too

Suiryu57
New Community Member

I would not recommend it either, I used their service once and it was the worst experience I've ever encountered. I wanted to dispute an item but because it was unauthentic but since it was out of the time frame (by 2 or 3 days), the dispute got declined. I resubmitted it mulitply times only wanting them to contact the seller but all their responses were "I'm sorry there's nothing I can do" even the supervisor said that. Not only that, I got charged $300 in interest after 6 months, thinking that my account was on hold. I wanted to talk to their coporate but there no number, the only thing you can do is write a letter and fax it in. Did that and it got declined, I asked them to explain the reason again the representative said it's pass 6months and "There's nothing I can do from end". I realized there's not alot they can do for you. It's been a very frustrating half year with them and not only do I have to pay over 2k for an unauthentic item but an additional $300 interest charge, definitely one of the worst customer service I've ever experienced. You would be better off getting a credit card with 0% APR and they offer better service. 

Login to Me Too

sootie64
New Community Member

I was thinking about using them to buy a computer that was on sale (for one day only) that I really wanted, but didn't have the money on hand to pay for. I had heard of bill me later, but it sounded a little fishy, so I decided to do a little checking up on them from other customers, but i've heard nothing but bad news about them. I'm glad I saw your post it was just what I needed to make up my mind about them. I'm staying away...

Login to Me Too

rydeordie02
New Community Member

thanks guys...

Login to Me Too

homeedome
New Community Member

Bill me later is is one of my best accounts...yeah the APR is 19.99% but I look at it this way I used $1000.00 on purchases and my minimum payment was $32.00 which I never pay only the minimun, I double that or triple it just like i pay my credit cards. I don't have a problem with that. If you are good at paying your bills this can be like a best friend! I have had a few problems but i was always able to simply call them and they resolved my problems pretty easily. Since they are not the easiest account to obtain( you have to have decent credit and a very good payment history with other accounts you already have) I can say that I would recommend Bill Me Later only to the "responsible". I do use them alot and i repay them just like i would a buddy that has fronted me some cash( hense the interest...lol...a few buck extras for the like i would do for that buddy that may have looked out for me in my time of want or need.

It's all in how you look at business. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.