Why am I being asked to verify my account to receive a payment when I have used this account before?

RBirch71
Contributor
Contributor

I received a payment and it says that money is waiting. When I hit accept, it tells me that I have to verify account. I have already used this account before so why is it telling me I need to verify it again? I tried to verify it but it would not go through for some reason. So I thought I would delete the account and add it again but now it won't even let me add the account back. It also won't let me send the funds to my debit card. I also used to be able to instant access the funds and now that is not an option. Any idea what is going on?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RBirch71 

Could be because of this:

Policy updates and user agreement changes to Personal PayPal accounts

Now you'll need to contact customer service so they can review your account because you deleted something and can't add it back now. Customer service can access your account and assist you, as no one here can do that in the user to user forums.

To contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RBirch71 

Could be because of this:

Policy updates and user agreement changes to Personal PayPal accounts

Now you'll need to contact customer service so they can review your account because you deleted something and can't add it back now. Customer service can access your account and assist you, as no one here can do that in the user to user forums.

To contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.