Unable to authenticate account

ferraray1
New Community Member

The number that I originally linked to my account is no longer active; I have been messaging someone from the contact centre who re-set my password but it is still asking for the verification. The person that I was chatting to provided me with the number <removed> but it cuts off after one ring- when I raised this, he said it's difficult to connect on a Saturday (even though it's open until 9) but it seems to me that the number wont connect either way?

When you try to authenticate, it does give the option to 'try another way' but nothing happens when you click on it.

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

Ube89
Contributor
Contributor

How did you contact them from you're new account ? i have set up a account also and could not find a way to message them and googling answers did not help there seems not to be an option to message for me at least since at live in Finland perhaps... :S phone app thing did not work for at least for me, also tried changing password for second time there but that too did not work, i will try the spam calling and app logging tomorrow. Thank you for advising me, it helps to have someone even try

Login to Me Too

Ube89
Contributor
Contributor

No no luck, the bot on the phone even says it's "bot's only" at the start when i listened closely, i think theres no way to get in Finland maybe some more heavily populated area you can possibly reach someone but not me, the message center on the other account i made only says to contact them on business hours, i have tried twice on different times but it think it just keeps repeating that no matter the time... now i noticed that i a cannot even sell on Europe bay anymore since my bank account is tied to the account that is locked behind the old phone and even if i make new one it does not let me use my bank account... nice job pay pal you stopped me from using Europe bay, in Finland there is not listed any other way to pay than pay pal. As i said i had to cancel as instructed by Europe bay officials since there's no other way, now i got to know that the buyer did not have full refund because pay pal charges refund fee. The buyer paid 859 dollars which is 725 euros so now i just wait how much the refund fee is, thank you Pay pal now i paid for useless calls 3 times for you and now you even charge me a refund fee just because i cannot contact live person on pay pal's staff. Way to go ! 

Login to Me Too

takis33
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, same problem here!

Anyone knows: if I never use paypal again, will I be charged with fees with the result of having negative balance?
Meaning owing money all of a sudden??

I appreciate any answer.

Thank you very much.

Login to Me Too

NeilCroix
Contributor
Contributor

OK, I can solve this one now! There's only one way.

- open a new account with a second email address. (You'll have to link this to a friend's phone, or your new phone as your primary number.)

- NOW you can actually contact the elusive customer services!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and they're quite good - as opposed to completely unhelpful, which is the case if you can't log in IMO.

- Get them to add your current phone # to your existing account. You'll be asked some ID questions.

- You'll have to remove your current phone from your new temporary account - again, it may be the time to ask a friend to 'borrow' theirs 

- 3 days later, the problem was solved for me. Hope you get the same result.

- Then close your new account.

- Bob's your uncle. But it ain't simple.

Login to Me Too

boabacsi
New Community Member

Resetting the password from different browser/incognito mode a few times helped me. On one of the tries I wasn't asked for the phone verification and was directed straigth to my account where I could change the number.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.