We currently have limited customer service staffing due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) safety precautions. We encourage you to find quick answers to your questions by searching the community forum, visiting our Help Center, or messaging us (message response times will be delayed). Thank you for your patience.
New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
I have had several items returned to sender because on the checkout, there is a default to one of my old addresses.
When I have used My Profile settings, I was able to delete my old addresses (do this first) however, I went to purchase an item today from an online merchant and the default address during the PayPal checkout applet was an old address... AGAIN! So, I went back in to my Profile settings and found that the only address registered that I could modify or delete was my current address.
Many users are saying that we need to call PayPal to have old addresses removed from our online history however, today I found a workaround.
I will be specific because this may not work with other websites. The Bissell Canada website (vacuums) has an option to pay with PayPal. This is the workaround to remove old addresses that STILL remain after deleting from your PayPal Profile:
1) Go to the Bissell Canada website (won't post the link because I'm nor sure it's allowed here)
2) Search for "bags" and proceed to add an item for less than $5 to your cart
3) Proceed to your Cart and Checkout. Select PayPal as your payment method. YOU WILL BE ASKED TO CONFIRM THIS PURCHASE AFTER THE PAYPAL POPUP WINDOW CLOSES AND WE WILL BE CANCELLING BEFORE THAT ANYWAY. TRUST ME.
4) PayPal popup asks first to confirm payment method. Select your usual payment method.
5) HERE IS THE FIX. PayPal popup window shows a default address for delivery with the option to CHANGE. Click on CHANGE for the delivery address. Even if the address is the correct one.
6) The popup window will now display all previously used addresses. There will be an option to DELETE. Don't worry, no matter which address is selected, nothing is deleted yet. Click on the DELETE option.
7) There will be a quick reset of the popup window and now all addresses stored can be deleted one at a time.
*** if the original default address was not your current address, you can select it first, then click CHANGE again when it takes you back to the address confirmation screen then click DELETE and start deleting the other addresses you don't want to see again.
😎 Once you have all the old addresses deleted, you will have the option in the bottom of the PayPal popup screen to CANCEL AND RETURN to the merchant page. Do this and you are done!!
This may work with other online merchants, if the PayPal popup window is launched at checkout. Just make sure you won't be making an unwanted purchase and always cancel after deleting your old addresses.
I really hope this helps
Was so hopeful, but it did not work for me. I tried this via a less well-known site compared to Bissell and the options to change my shipping address were there but the option to delete previous ones were not.
This work-around no longer works. The Bissel Canada website gave me the same pop-up interface as any other US-based merchant. There was no option for "Delete" after clicking the change address button.
PayPal, if you are listening, it is ABSURD there is no option built into my Paypal Profile to go in and delete my old shipping address history.
Paypal needs to FIX THIS!
I can confirm that this works for me on 11/03/2019. I double-checked with another PayPal-enabled online merchant without delete function (e.g. The Body Shop) and can confirm that those addresses were really deleted. I guess the delete button only appears in the PayPal popup window when checking out.
This did not work for me. There was no DELETE option on the page - only the option to add a new address. Still searching for a solution...
Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!
I am sorry about your issue. Here is how to update your preferred shipping address through the check outflow:
If adding a new ship to address:
I hope this helps.