Linking my PayPal account with my M-Pesa mobile wallet

Johnnyk87
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, i cannot link my PayPal account with my mobile number. Am getting the message "the accounts do not belong to the same person." I think the reason is that my PayPal registered name is John <removed> and my M-Pesa registered name is John <removed>. My full legal name is John <removed> and my mobile number is <removed>. I have tried calling but the automated service is not getting the one-time code correct when i read it out. How else can i get help? i can provide photos of my Identification Card as well as my M-Pesa statement.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Johnnyk87,

I'm sorry to hear of the issue caused by name mismatch. Your financial services should match your legal name. If there's a discrepancy, you may wish to complete a name change to repair the issue.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Johnnyk87
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried all options including contacting Safaricom MPesa and also contacting PayPal on email, Twitter and Facebook. finally, I was told to call after which I did and got an automated machine that cannot get the reference code when I read it out on phone. I found this too frustrating and finally I gave up.

Login to Me Too

Johnnyk87
Contributor
Contributor

I have provided photos of myself, my national ID, my Safaricom MPesa statements, My proof of physical address. I just need to change my PayPal name so that it matches my Safaricom MPesa number. the number is already registered on PayPal. I just need to link the mobile services to my number. I really don't understand why this should be such a complicated matter that takes more than 3 months to resolve. If PayPal staff members are part of this community I hope someone can see that am not only disappointed but also frustrated.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.