Language and timezone issues

Baylindria
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I live in Liechtenstein and our main language is German and the timezone is CET. I cannot change my account settings to German and CET. Did somebody have the same issues?

Hallo

Ich leben in Liechtenstein und wir sprechen deutsch und die Zeitzone is CET. Leider kann ich in den Kontoeinstellungen die Sprache nur auf asiatische Sprachen ändern und die Zeitzone ist Pacific.

Kann jemand helfen?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Michael

Hello, Baylindria. Welcome to the PayPal Community! Thanks for taking the time to post your question here on the Community Forum. In most PayPal supported countries, including Liechtenstein, English, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, and French are available. I'm sorry if the absence of German causes any inconvenience.

Countries where PayPal is currently able to offer languages other than English, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, and French include Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, and Switzerland. Languages available in those countries will vary and will not necessarily include French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese. In Australia, the United Kingdom, Gibraltar, and Ireland only UK English is available.

We are constantly working to expand and improve our services for our customers, but there is no specific time table for any updates. To see the available language(s) for your account, please log on and navigate to your Profile by clicking on the icon next to the Log Out button (which looks like a cog wheel) and click Edit beside "Language" in the "Account options" section.

I hope this information is helpful. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community.

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Baylindria
Contributor
Contributor
One problem is that I cannot change the language to german. French, spanish or chinese aren’t helpful for german speaking people and LIECHTENSTEIN is a german speaking country!!!! The other problem is the time zone... I am in the timezone CET Central European Time, but my account settings show Pacific Time and I cannot change it!!!!! The third and biggest problem is that I cannot add my mobile number to secure my account settings, but PayPal keeps sending me emails to do it. The reason is that the country code for Liechtenstein is 00423, but I have a swiss mobile number with the Swiss country code 0041, but my account settings only accept a mobile number with country code 00423. I think I have to close the account... very simple!!!!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi Baylindria, 

I am sorry if the language you need is not available for your country.  When registering your phone number you will need to register a phone for the country that your account is registered in otherwise it will not be accepted. 

I will, of course, pass your feedback on regarding the language issue you are having. 

Thanks for posting, 

Paula

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.