Paypal travel abroad without roaming

Nyamkha
Contributor
Contributor
I am currently in Nepal until June 2020 and do not have roaming on my Nepalese sim card. Therefore I wanted to change my phone number to my Nepali phone number. Doing this, I am asked to confirm my address, otherwise I would not be able to use my PayPal account. But I cannot confirm my address, because I do not have any such documents here with me. And I cannot use an address in Nepal either, because I stay in a guesthouse. So what can I do? I urgently need to use my PayPal to transfer money!!!
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nyamkha 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.
If you are travelling and not notified paypal before you left that you would be using your paypal account in another country then their security would kick in and need you to provide i.d. to prove its you using the account and its not a scammer in another country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Nyamkha
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much! One more question: you wrote" If you are travelling and not notified paypal before you left that you would be using your paypal account in another country then their security would kick in and need you to provide i.d. to prove its you " So how can I prove my identity to them?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.