Money on hold - nearly for 15 days

adi_mula
New Community Member

Hi,

I had an old Paypal account which I used before for some payments, but it was related to the bank account and SIM card which I've used when I was working abroad, so I don't have an access to these anymore.

For this reason, I've created a new account and linked it to my current bank and SIM card. However, this was my first time using Paypal as a seller. I have sold two tickets for an event in Austria, which unfortunately I can't attend. The guy from Austria has received the tickets, and I have screenshot - proof to confirm that. I have updated the shipping info. but after 14 days, the payment is still on hold.

I saw that Paypal may hold funds for new accounts as a security measure, but it's not stated anywhere for how many days at maximum. Can I do anything to speed this up, and actually what is the maximum number of days for holding the funds?

Thank you in advance.

Adi

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

wilmafingerdo
Contributor
Contributor

It took a very long time for the funds to be released for me, its a common "theme" now, I think they are waiting out the credit card dispute window before paying out.  I got on TWITTER and a few other social media places, and started complaining, got a bunch of my friends to re-tweet, and magically a day or two later they released my funds.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.