Name Change Taking over a Month

satrdaysla
Contributor
Contributor
I requested to change our account name for nearly 6 weeks or more. I submitted everything Paypal asked me for and called more than 6 times. Every time, the representatives told me to wait for 3-5 days or 2-3 weeks (Yes, I did not get an exact processing time. Paypal changed answers every time). I waited and waited and today I called in again, and the representative told me those requests were never forwarded to the compliance team. That means the previous 5 representatives ALL LIED TO ME. I also tried to email you, but your email service is not available. 

At this point, PayPal seems to be a fraud that withholds other people's money and doesn't intend to be responsible at all. This money is for a not-for-profit event next week. Now, we can't use any of the event funds. 

I want to ask the community if anyone had experience dealing with this type of situation. I would like to find out what really happened in the previous five phone calls, but Paypal is telling me they will escalate the issue but I can't be sure. Also, how do I know that the request was actually submitted this time (because the previous five phone calls all told me that the name change request is processing)? Finally, how long exactly does it take to change the name for the account after submitting everything? I've waited for more than a month and Paypal is not offering any way to track. 
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@satrdaysla 

Processing times vary widely depending on your specific case and their case backlog. Account limitations, and account information changes and the stuff like that is handled in the "back office", an entirely different dept and the regular reps may not be able to do much but to provide a scripted answer to get to the next caller. Perhaps calling again and escalate to a supervisor to see if your case has been escalated.

To contact customer service:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.