My Email used by someone else?

joseb123
Contributor
Contributor

So I tried to create a paypal account and it says my email is already in use. Went to the cant log in to get a password reset, incase I did make an account long time ago and forgot about it, and they send me a security code. Typed it in then they want to send a code to a phone number I dont recognize. Never had the number or seen it. Used this spam email I have for junk to make this account, but I would rather get my email back that I use for everything else.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

help19
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying for months to get help from paypal for this same issue. Paypal will not assist. Did you get this resolved? How?

Login to Me Too

joseb123
Contributor
Contributor
Nope, PayPal support is as useful a a steaming pile of **bleep** on a Sunday morning. Had to use this account email. So I have my regular email for everything then 1 for paypal....
Login to Me Too

help19
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is useless. I have emailed and called in many times, and no help. The fraud dept was to call me back 2 months ago, no call. I have tried emailing,  service; spoof,  complaint-response, info emails

No assistance, just automated response and  complaint-response email will not even respond at all.  No  customer service at all and the complaint and fraud dept has not done their job at all or followed up at all.

1 manager Brian when I called in said, i will not help you. I am not surprised paypal has hired a manager that will not even try to do his job and assist!

Login to Me Too

help19
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is useless! I have emailed and called in many times, and no help. The fraud dept was to call me back 2 months ago, no call. I have tried emailing,  service; spoof,  complaint-response, info emails.

No assistance, just automated response and  complaint-response email will not even respond at all.  No  customer service at all and the complaint and fraud dept has not done their job at all or followed up at all.

1 manager Brian when I called in said, i will not help you. I am not surprised paypal has hired a manager that will not even try to do his job and assist!

Login to Me Too

manwithavan
Contributor
Contributor

Same here.

Amazing that you can steal an email for a paypal account WITHOUT verification. But can not have it removed even WITH email verification through your own email account.

Pathetic

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hey @manwithavan

Thanks for posting your question in our Community. 

If your email address has been used to create a PayPal account by a third party you can contact us and we can help you resolve this. We are not able to provide you access to the account and close it but we can escalate this internally and help you resolve this. 

You can contact us through the 'Help & contact' link at the bottom of each page or through Twitter and Facebook.

Dian 

Login to Me Too

manwithavan
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks @PayPal_Dian . I did contact paypal and was informed that unless the other party removes my email, then they cannot. Despite only me having access to that email. I requested to speak to a manager / escalate and was told I could not.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jenny

Hi @manwithavan

Thanks for the update. Please contact us privately through Twitter or Facebook explaining the situation and specifying the email address you want to claim back. We will have a look if we help you with this. 

Jenny 

Se hai trovato utile questa risposta, lascia per cortesia un Kudos o accettala come soluzione. Il tuo contributo nel forum aiuta altri utenti.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.