Linking with Shopify error

bonza1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Guys,

I just started a new Shopify online store.  I having issues creating an express checkout with paypal. 

When i click the link in shopify it redirects me to Paypal.  I login ok then when i hit "agree and connect". The page eventually times out then says i have been redirected too many times.  then advises me to delete my cache and try again.  I have done  this, also tried using incognito, even a VPN maybe thinking a differnet IP address would make a diff, but to no avail. 

There is no phone or message support from Paypal because of the Coronavirus, so i have no idea what to do.  Any help much appreciated. 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

DominatorMTG
New Community Member

This is mine after I removed my paypal and add it back again. Now I have no payment method in my store. 

shop.JPG

Login to Me Too

matt19871
New Community Member

hi 

i have the same problem and have spent the last 2 days on support on shopify and paypal with no result yet

Login to Me Too

StefanM101
Contributor
Contributor

Me too, very frustrating. 

Login to Me Too

ParaglidingAlex
Contributor
Contributor

I've got the same issue.  We have just changed account owners on our Shopify store and deactivated the old PayPal account, but now I can't reactivate PayPal again. 
I click on Settings > Payment Providers > Activate PayPal Express Checkout.  From there I can successfully log on to my PayPal business account.  It loads a page titled 'Allow PayPal to connect your account with Shopify', I click 'Agree and Connect', but then the page times out and cannot redirect.  
The URL (in Chrome) is paypal.com/bizsignup/redirectEntry?status=SUCCESS&statusCode=VERIFIED

I have tried different browsers and devices with the same problem. 
I have logged in to my PayPal account, it seems it is setting the permissions correctly but just can't get back to Shopify.  

I have been trying for a few days now but still no success.  

Login to Me Too

ShaunNZ
New Community Member

Same here - Been trying for the past week. Have tried VPN, different browsers, phone app, using phone data, different business Paypal accounts, cleared all possible cache and cookies - Shopify / Paypal support have no idea either 

Hopefully resolved shortly..

Login to Me Too

GeorgeS00
New Community Member

I'm having the same issue, unfortunate to see this is still such an ongoing issue especially since it is really effecting my store. Paypal really should be working on a solution to this, or at least offering some support to us. Sad.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.